CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Fraden

It had been a real life nightmare being stuck in that prison and I didn't want to go back there and I pitied anyone who was forced to go there. It had been over a month since Linus  took my home and I was still having nightmares. Linus helped though because we had started sleeping in the same bed.

"I can't stomach not being near you," he has told me entering my room right after I had showered. "Being without you made me feel empty and I still feel like I could wake up and you would be gone...so, I'm not leaving your side...ever." He had his pillow and he threw them on my bed with a pout and his arms over his chest as though I was about to argue.

I remember taking him into my arms and just holding him. I felt that we both needed it, the reassurance that we were within reach and very much real. From that night, it was bliss going to bed. I would lay there just staring at my angel as he slept soundly.

Like now, I gazed down at him with a small smile. It was already morning and he looked determined not to wake up, but I knew he was because he had this thing he did with his nose whenever he was awake, it would wiggle for a long period and then his left eye would twitch. It was honestly very adorable.

"You guys better get out of there!" James' voice sang out to us and I groaned as Linus let out a huff.

"Why I never..." He mumbled trailing off and I had to hold back a laugh.

"Guess you can't pretend to be asleep." He yawned.

"Who said I was pretending? People can stay asleep for longer than you think, hotshot." I chuckled and rolled onto my back only to have him follow me and hug my bare chest.

"Linus, I'd we don't get a move on, James will come in." I told him reminding him of the time he thought we could get away with being asleep for the whole day only for James to come in with a huge bucket or water.

"But I wanna cuddle!" I kissed his head of hair which was now a shiny silver.

"We can always do that where he can see us." Linus lifted his head and scowled.

"I'm 8 000 years old!" He declared and I shook my head cause it was still hard to believe that he was so old, much older than myself. "I can do whatever I want." I raised a brow.

"In the body of a 16 year old." He sat up and pouted. "Especially when you do that."

"Fraden!" He whined. "You such! And besides 17 a few weeks from now."

"Ah yeah!" I snapped my fingers getting out of bed. "What do you want for you birthday?"

"To not be a virgin." I stumbled on my way to the bathroom and froze.

"Uh, how about something more... Useful?" I chuckled nervously and headed into the bathroom.

"It is useful! It'll get rid of blue balls." Lately I realized that Linus had become more sexual, especially going to bed together. He would have a random boner and he wasn't even shy about poking me with it either. It made me feel like such a virgin when he spoke so freely about sex too. "Come on, you know you want to." He kisses my arm and I looked down at him with a tooth brush in my mouth and scoffed.

"You can always masturbate!" I told him as he began his morning routine.

"I knew I wasn't sexually appealing to you," he sighed and I frowned.