CHAPTER FIVE

Linus

The entire situation was insane and I couldn't wrap my mind around it the moment I entered the room. I had showered and now that I was feeling clean and fresh, I couldn't help start planning my escape. No way would I be anybody's prisoner, nope, not ever again. I was in a white robe I found in the closet as I paced in thought.

I don't even know what he has planned! That stupid snake! He probably wants to keep me in a cage somewhere in this huge house of his. No,Linus, focus, what's the plan!? What's the plan!? You have to be smart, you have to think this through.

I paused then when a photo caught my eye. I walked over and picked it up, forgetting my previous thoughts and I couldn't help but gasp and coo at the adorable photo.

"Oh! So cute!" In the frame was a smiling baby with beautiful dark skin, and dark eyes. It's chubby cheeks made me want to pinch them, my heart strings were pulled at  the sight of the baby. I smiled and put it down and my eyes reluctantly left the baby photo to see another, a toddler was crouching and laughing, it was as though the picture had been taken mid dance. Then a teenager, smiling a small smile and he was suddenly very familiar. His eyes were blank and dark,his smile looked forced,  it made me rather sad,surprisingly.

The last photo the boy did not smile, and stared blankly at the camera with an older man beside him,scowling and holding the boys shoulder. He blinked feeling like an idiot for allowing himself to look around.

"Well then," I turned around with a sour face. "I let myself get distracted." I face palmed. "Plan, Linus, you can't st-" I stumbled then, as the house seemed to lightly tremble. "What the-!" My eyes widened. "Don't tell me he turned into a snake again!" I groaned and shook my head. "Really, Linus?" I scolded myself. "That could have been an earthquake and that's your immediate thought?"

I shook my hear and moved out of the room and the two people from earlier, came running down the hall.

"Was that an earthquake? Where is Master Cabrera? We must move immediately." I stared at the man whose name I had already forgotten.

"Who are you again?" I asked making a face and he stared at me and blushed.

"James," he said and motioned to the girl, "Jennifer, my sister." I nodded knowing I'll probably forget again.

"Right, right." I knocked then on Fraden's door. "Look, there may have been an earthquake, for safety reasons, we should go outside." I said and then blinked before stepping away from the door and signing in frustration with myself, I rubbed my temple. I'm such an idiot. I could be running away now, not telling him to come out! In fact, I should let him die in this earthquake, please let it be an earthquake!

The sound of hissing came from behind the door and I shivered.

"It wasn't an earthquake." I said lowly looking at the two bystander's. They blinked and the man, James seemed to understand and nodded while pulling his sister towards the way they came from while he glanced back. I had paused because I had turned towards the way to the room he had put me in. What is your problem? I had asked myself as I turned around towards the stairs.  How dare you forget that this is not where you should be? I paused and tilted my head at the stairs. Then where should I be? My family is dead, my herd is dead, heck, Gabriel is probably dead too, and Xavier.

I fell to the floor then in a daze feeling guilty and sadness swell inside of me as the realization hit me. I had left my friend to the vampires, Gabriel was probably already drained of blood by now. He and I grew us together in the herd along with another kid, Xavier, but I hadn't been that fond of him but we did talk...rarely, but we did. Now though, it would be nice to see a familiar face .