CHAPTER NINETEEN

Fraden

I felt panicked as I watched Linus take his steps towards the thick trees. I walked over to try and stop him from leaving with out me when suddenly he took one step and something sucked him in. Within the blink of an eye he was gone gone and my heart felt like it had stopped.

I just began to understand my feelings for the boy and this happens? I felt anger and sadness bubbling up inside of me. I ran over to where he disappeared and pushed to try and get through. My fist collided with what felt like a flexible wall. I looked all around feeling confused as I pushed against the barrier.

"Linus!" I screamed as I banged against the barrier. "Linus!!" I panted feeling absolutely defeated. I slid down staring at the barrier and sighed. I wanted to think positive, to believe he was alright. I pulled out my cellphone then and dialled James.

"Hello?" He answered sounding muffled, he was eating.

"How soon can you get here?" I asked him. I needed to get Linus as far away from this God forsaken wasteland of a village as soon as I got hold of him.

"Here being where exactly?" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I don't even know, alright?" I snapped. "Sorry, I'm just...on edge, can't you like, track my cellphone, or something and get here?"

"Sure, Jennifer can do that." The fact that she would even willingly help didn't seem very plausible.

"Okay."

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me and I could hear his voice was full of concern.

"No, I'm not." I confessed running my hand over my face. "Nothing is okay."

"What's going on?" The concern in his voice warmed me. After so much time spent on this earth alone, it was nice to know I had an actual friend.

"He's my mate,James and I don't know how to go about it." I found myself drawing the soil. Silence stretched on between us.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, and it pains me that it makes so much sense. " there was more silence, longer this time and I had to check if he had hung up on me or not.

"But you had a mate,Uncle Fraden." I found myself hissing, the black scales of my snake form threatened to rise and I felt my pupils begin to slit.

"I know that, James."

"Then how is this even possible?" I swallowed and looked around feeling rather lost.

"I really don't know, I don't understand it either, it just...is."

"He's only 16."

"By the god's, James, I'm not going to touch him." I told him honestly. I would never be able to live with myself if I did anything to hurt him or ruin the semi friendly relationship we had so far.

"I trust you," he sighed through the phone. "I'll... Do some research, see if I can find anything we may have missed over the years." I nodded grimly knowing he probably wouldn't find anything. My father had burned at least half the research and prohibited any further research from being made.