CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Fraden

I woke with a groan and a slap on the face.

"Why must I be tortured so?" I mumbled as my eyes opened. I had to move Linus' hand out of my face to yawn and rub the crust out of my eyes.

"Why does my head hurt?" Linus mumbled into the bed and I shook my head.

"Good morning to you too." I sat up and stretched. My back and neck hurt so much I fell back onto the bed and rolled onto my side.

"There is nothing good here, everything is so bright!" He moaned as he grabbed the pillow and pushed it into his face.

"Yeah, I'm now agreeing with you." He lifted his head and our eyes met, he squinted.

"Why are you in my bed?" I felt my face heat up as my brows furrowed.

"I should be asking you that." He scowled. "You grabbed me and refused to let go, my presence is your fault." He blanched.

"What!?" He sat up and groaned while grabbing his head. "This is all your fault!" He whimpered. "You should have let me stay home! Now look what happened."

"Hey, you can't blame me." I told him.

"I can, and I am!" He slapped my chest, "You are much stronger than I am, therefore you didn't actually have to be here right now!" He stood and walked to the door. "And you should have demanded I stay home with you! Like a normal mate!"

I found myself jumping out of bed with a scowl.

"Hey! I'm not about to rob you of your teenage experience just because we happen to be destined for one another!" I waved my hands around as I walked behind him.

"Whatever! Just get me something for this hangover." He went into the living room and all out hissed at the bright light. "Who the hell keeps opening the curtains!"

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be amused, worried or offended. Linus' view on mates was absolutely ridiculous. Since when did having a mate mean you had to control everything they do? When did it become about keeping someone all to yourself? Preventing them from having a life outside of the bond you two share?

I couldn't help wonder if he was just saying all of this for arguments sake or if he was telling me that he wanted me to smother him. For the moment, I chalked it up to him not being a fan of the aftermaths of alcohol.

I prepared him some food I had googled helped with hangovers as well as an Advil. I placed everything on a tray and as I entered the living room, he had closed the curtains and seemed to have brought a blanket from his room. He was in a heap on the couch and the TV was muted.

"Linus?" I called placing the tray down, I tried to find his head, he whimpered as he peaked out.

"I'm never drinking again! Not if this is what happens." I couldn't help smile sadly and run my hand through his hair. He took the food and pouted at me.

"Well, eat up and drink this after." I watched him eat. "So, how much did you have anyway?" He flushed bright pink in his neck and looked away.

"One," my brows rose and I nodded, I couldn't help chuckle. "It's not funny." He grumbled as he ate and I shook my head.

"So, how was the party?" He sighed and drank his water with his Advil.

4.The Serpent's Caster (ManxBoy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara