Learning To Love Him (boyxboy)

Chapter 1

*****

*Corey*

"We're going directly to Inferno after school. You coming, man?" I heard Sean behind me as I walked towards my locker. It was our last day of school with about only two hours left. After twelve years, I would finally be able to breathe again... for a couple of months, I guess, before college starts. Even a small break was good enough.

"Nah, I'm good," I said opening my locker once reaching it. The last thing I wanted was to ruin my day by going to Inferno.

"Corey, you can't keep avoiding him. We haven't visited since starting our exams. We all need to hang out together, come on." Izabella, who was one of my best friends since childhood, leaned against my back as I rampaged through my locker. Where was that flash drive?! I was sure I shoved it in there about three weeks ago.

"Wait, who's he avoiding?" Jason asked. I glanced at him to find him looking just as confused as the guys around him before turning back at my locker in dismay.

I should never have let it get so messy, I would need a box to throw everything in and then sort through it out at home. Hopefully, find the flash drive while I'm at it.

"Yeah, we're all sleeping over there for a week. I know you miss Alexis, Tyler and Trent. Corey, we haven't seen them in three months." Hayley completely ignored Jason's question, which I was quite happy about. We could thank school for keeping us that busy. I wasn't complaining about the lack of free time though; the further I was from Inferno, the better.

I looked at Hayley giving her a smile. When we were younger, I only had her and Izabella, and then Izabella found out she was mated to Sean, the prodigy Alpha or our pack – meaning one day, he will lead our pack of wolves, and I being the Beta, would be his right-hand man and the person that handles everything and takes care of the pack when he's not around or if anything should happen to him. We were born with the titles. In our pack, marks – or tattoos – that appeared at birth showed the main positions in the pack, and because of that we were naturally gifted in strength and were forced to work hard to improve every single day.

"I'm fine, really." I said.

"Fine, go home then. Just know that you're going to be alone with Alpha Ian and Beta Cole. Lots of training for you, Junior." I froze at Matt's words.

With there only being two years left before Sean would take over as Alpha and Beta, the current leaders were definitely going to kill me with training as much as they could – they already had been doing so. All through our exams when we were not studying, Sean and I were training, fighting or working with the current leaders.

"Fine, I'll come," I said quickly. Anything – even visiting the Inferno pack – would be better than going home right now.

"Yay!" Izabella hugged me from behind making me laugh.

"Why aren't you kids in classes?" Mr Taylor's voice came from behind us.

"It's our final day, Kevin –" I turned to see Mr Taylor glare at Jason and chuckled, "Mr Taylor," Jason rolled his eyes as he corrected himself, "Not even our biggest nerd is in class." He nudged Eric who frowned but didn't say anything because it was true.

"Fine, I'll let this slide only because I'll never have to deal with you again." Mr Taylor said frowning at Jason. I laughed as Jason kissed his teeth.

"He wasn't that bad," I said.

"If I recall correctly, you both decided to throw a string of firecrackers into my class last year." Mr Taylor glared at me. Okay, that's my cue. I began to edge away from the group while shaking my head feigning ignorance.