Learning To Love Him 27

*****

*Corey*

I opened my eyes slowly when Bianca finished muttering the spell, the warmth and wind we had felt while she was uttering the words instantly disappearing.

"I-I'm so sorry." Was the first thing that left Jayden's mouth as he stumbled away from me. I raised my eyebrows looking at him as he covered his face breathing shakily. Was he trying not to cry? Was he already crying? Why? I wanted to hug him so he would stop.

"I don't understand... You both wished for different things, but basically the same type of wish. I thought you wanted other mates?" Bianca mumbled.

"What?" Jayden and I asked simultaneously.

Jayden's quivering voice distracted me and I turned to pull him into a hug, he stood frozen shocked in my arms, his hands still hiding his face.

"Corey?" I lifted my eyes to look behind Jayden and gasped, my grip on him loosening seemed to make him look up before he stepped away from me to see who had spoken.

"Adan...? How...?" I mumbled, "Is this... am I hallucinating?" Why would I be? Why would I see him? Adan seemed dazed as he looked around while his hand ran over his chest as if trying to feel for the wound that was created when his heart was ripped out.

"No," Bianca's voice drew my gaze to her.

"Is-Is this real?"

"His wish." She motioned to Jayden.

"You mean... I'm really here?" Adan asked slowly. A smile broke onto my face as a gasp of disbelief left my throat before I moved to hug him tightly.

"I-I can't believe this," I said staring at him as I grabbed his shoulders.

"Me neither." The shock on his face melted into a smile, "I... Corey. I... my heart... My heart was... How am I here?" He asked looking at his hands.

"She must have granted his wish, he must have wished you back to life." I mumbled before I looked at Bianca, "How powerful are you?" I asked. How could she bring someone back from the dead so easily?

She smiled. "You'd be surprised..." She mumbled.

No shit.

"But then... Where's..." I looked behind me and smiled.

"Rita?" Jayden's shocked voice whispered.

Rita looked up, her face mirroring Jayden's. "Jay... You're... How?" She whispered.

I gave a breathless chuckle as Jayden hugged her.

"You're... you're here... But I-I didn't wish for this... How...?" Jayden asked.

"He wished for it." Bianca motioned to me. I stared at Jayden as his bewildered face turned to me.

"But..." he whispered.

"Trent needed it more..." He nodded biting his lip, "And I... I didn't want to..." I admitted slowly, avoiding his eyes as I spoke.

"Trent?" Rita spoke causing the smile to return to my face.

"Thank you – Thank you so, so much, Bianca." I grabbed Rita's wrist and Adan's arm before dragging them into the living room. "Hey, look who we found," I said once inside.

I watched as everyone turned to me confused before their faces turned shocked and Izabella's and Trent's were completely priceless.

"Adan?" Sean spoke slowly.

"Why do you look so surprised? I always said this was gonna happen, didn't I?" I chuckled at Adan's response. He actually did, when we were all younger and playing games, it was always his imaginary superpower.

I heard something that sounded like a sob-laugh leave Izabella's mouth before she just about tackled him. I hadn't noticed Trent had moved until he was beside me and watched as he lifted his hand to touch Rita's cheek softly. He stared at his fingers in disbelief as they ran along her cheek.

"This can't be real..." He mumbled shaking his head. She smiled clasping his hand between both of hers and planting a light kiss on his palm that made his eyes tear up.

"It is, Love." She said.

He looked at me as if seeking confirmation, his eyes fearful and I grinned lifting my hands to his shoulders.

"It's real, Trent. She's here." I said.

"Really?"

"Really."

"O-okay..." He cleared his throat and I chuckled.

"We'll... Leave you two alone." I grabbed Izabella and Adan to pull them outside.

As we stepped out into the late afternoon sun Sean hugged Adan before everyone bombarded him with questions, but he said all he could remember was getting his heart ripped out and then hearing his brothers, Gray and Cohen's shouts.

I chuckled as he pulled Izabella into his arms again when he had answered us.

"I was so scared I'd die and you would still get hurt." He mumbled patting her head gently.

"I'm fine..." Izabella wiped her tears before she laughed as they still kept coming and she hugged her brother again, "She named him Luke." Izabella mentioned Adan's son who had been born after he died.

Adan looked down and a smile played on his lips. "Is he smart or did you guys let Gray hang out with him too much already?" He asked. We laughed.

"He's really smart," Sean said.

"I can't wait to meet him..." Adan whispered.

"He's perfect." Izabella smiled, "And he'll love you." She handed Adan her phone and I assumed he was looking at pictures because of the smile on his face as tears glossed his eyes.

"So... You guys get two wishes? I don't understand..." Kaden spoke seriously, drawing our attention away from Adan.

"It doesn't work that way. We're only ever allowed to ask a witch this powerful for one favour... and well, here he is, and Rita, of course." I said.

"But that would mean neither of you can make another wish." Sean smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe we don't want to..." I said glancing at Jayden who stood quietly staring at the ground. He looked up, his face confused but shy and I chuckled. "Maybe..." I drifted.

"You like each other and you realised you don't want another mate, Corey," Izabella said smirking at me.

"No –" I began.

"Oh, shut up and stop making excuses. You like him." Hayley smiled.

"So?" I asked not looking at Jayden because I could feel his shock, the mate bond was suddenly a lot stronger, so was the pull and I fought not to move towards him. He was only a couple of feet away.

"Really?" Kaden asked, his tone much icier than everyone else's. I understood, he didn't trust me with Jayden... yet.

"Really," I confirmed hoping he could read the honesty and seriousness in my voice.

He stared at me before looking at Jayden and then back to me. He nodded still not looking very happy, I had no doubt he expected me to show that I would not hurt Jayden anymore. I would.

Adan turned to me.

"Wait, I need to catch up here." He said shaking his head confused.

"Maybe on our way home?" Sean let out a sigh. I agreed. The past few minutes had been a lot for all of us.

"Yeah. Home." Adan grinned excited to meet his son Luke and see his mate again. I chuckled glancing at Jayden before giving a smile as I caught him staring at me, it caused him to turn away instantly and I laughed. He was adorable.

'Shut up.' He linked to me.

*****