Learning To Love Him 23

*****

*Trent*

I woke up earlier than I would have liked and spent a few minutes staring towards the roof in the moon-lit room while wondering why the hell I woke up so early and did not even feel fatigued by it. I was about to get out of my floor-made bed knowing there was no way I was going to be able to fall asleep again but stopped at the sound of soft whispering.

"Corey," It was Jayden, "Corey! Move your arm!" His voice was a quiet hiss.

"No." Corey replied stubbornly although sounding very sleepy.

"It's around me!" Jayden hissed, he sounded a little weird... Freaked out? I couldn't exactly recognise how he sounded but it didn't seem happy or angry.

"You think I don't know that? It's my arm, Jayden. Now shut up and go back to sleep." My eyes widened slightly and I wanted to laugh but my surprise helped keep me silent.

"But you're-you're naked," Jayden whispered, he didn't sound too happy about that either. He actually sounded a little afraid, or was it just me? Probably just me and my morning ears. Everything sounded a little shaky in the silence surrounding us.

Corey gave a soft chuckle. "I'm not wearing a shirt, I would hardly consider that naked Jayden. What? Am I not hot? I thought you liked me." I was beginning to wonder if it was really Corey I was hearing. Was I still asleep? Why was I dreaming about the two of them then? That would be weird.

"No-no, you're ho... I mean, uh... You're not ho... Well, not-not... Um..." Corey chuckled again as Jayden stumbled over his mumbled words nervously and I smiled at how he sounded.

"Sleep... It won't be like this later." I heard a soft kiss and my eyes almost popped out of their sockets as they shot wide open.

"Then why even bother?" I heard Jayden whisper.

"I don't know... Just for the moment I guess... Just for the feeling... Just pretend right now..." Corey drifted.

"I don't want to pretend..." They were quiet for a few seconds before I heard a soft, defeated sigh, "Fine." Jayden's mumble was followed by some shifting before his voice broke the silence again, "Corey?"

"Mmm?" Corey was already drifting off.

"If you were gay... Or bi... Would you... Would you have accepted me?" Jayden asked softly.

"No." The reply made me hold my breath. If it felt bad for me to hear that, I did not want to know what Jayden felt at that moment. He didn't say anything, and instead, Corey's sleep-hazed voice sounded again, "No more talking. Teddy bears shouldn't talk."

"You-you remember that?" Jayden whispered.

"I was drunk, not hypnotised." Corey mumbled, "Jayden sleeeeep." He dragged out the word.

I smiled hearing Jayden chuckle before they went silent again. To make sure they would not notice my overhearing them, I did not move for a while before sitting up but then chuckled seeing Jayden's face hidden in the crook of Corey's neck, Corey's chin on top of his head.

I might have been spending a little too much time with the girls because I grabbed my phone from the accent table as I got up and silently snapped a picture of them. Corey was going to kill me, the girls were going to love me. Or maybe Corey wouldn't kill me? He seemed pretty cosy with Jayden at that moment. I smirked. I wasn't going to let him live it down.

-----

*Corey*

"Water?" Hayley held out the bottle to me.