Learning To Love Him 7

Chapter 7

*****

*Corey*

I stared down at my laptop trying to distract myself from the fact that I was stuck sitting next to him for the next couple of days or at least until the next rest stop. We had borrowed one of the pack father's old station wagons and Sean took the keys from me so he was driving while Izabella sat in the passenger seat beside him.

Trent was seated behind me with Kaden opposite him and Hayley between them while I was stuck next to Jayden. I knew Izabella and Hayley had planned this seating arrangement and I had been pissed at them about it... for about fifteen seconds before they did something stupid that made me laugh. Right now, I had laid the food basket between myself and Jayden to make sure he stayed where he was, a part of me wanted to push the basket away because the longer I was close to my mate, the more I wanted to be with them and I fucking hated that! I considered the fact that soon I would have to somehow put myself to sleep to prevent doing anything I would undoubtedly regret later.

I glanced at him to see him scribbling into the stupid notebook he always had with him. What was that? His diary? Fucking fag.

"Radio," I muttered as I looked towards the front of the car, hoping the music would distract me.

Izabella leaned forward and turned it on to a random channel that blasted some pop song that I barely paid attention to as I concentrated on how much I wanted to get the hell out of the car and away from Jayden. My wolf growled in anger and annoyance. This is going to be the longest fucking twelve hours of our life...

-----

"Ah! My legs need to be stretched! And my wolf wants out!" Trent groaned.

"Five more hours, Trent." Sean sighed, probably because he was tired of driving.

"My wolf wants out too!" Kaden groaned.

"Tell him to calm down," Sean said.

"Easy for you to say, your wolf isn't an idiot that forces a shift when held down too long," Trent said, he let out an obviously involuntary growl and I chuckled as he muttered an apology to his wolf for the insult. Thank God I wasn't an Amarelo. Sean, Hayley and I didn't have to worry about wolves we couldn't control because Novoluní wolves behaved properly.

I looked at Izabella to see her bite her lip as she stared at her phone before she swallowed.

"Izzy, you alright?" I spoke, Sean's eyes averted from the road to look at his mate before he looked back at the road. Suddenly he didn't look very tired anymore, only concerned.

She smiled at me and nodded. "I'm fine." She mumbled.

"You're lying." Trent chimed.

Izabella laughed. "It's nothing, really. I'm fine." She said.

I decided not to push the subject, she clearly didn't want to talk about it, but from the constant worried glances he sent her as he kept driving, I knew Sean wasn't going to drop it and they would be speaking about it later.

"Aw! He's sleeping!" Hayley cried out.

I turned around to see Kaden chuckling as he stared beside me. I looked next to me at Jayden, his notebook on his lap, head leaned against the seat and his eyes shut. He wore headphones, the hood of his hoodie currently not on his head. His face looked peaceful. Calm. Carefree. I clenched my fist when I felt guilt suddenly fill me for constantly putting that helpless look on his face when I was with Samantha in front of him. No. I don't care. I would not care.

I heard a click and frowned seeing that Izabella had just taken a picture of him. "Want me to send it to you?" She smiled at me.

"Of course, then I would have a valid reason to throw both of our phones into lava, I've been wanting to get rid of it so I could get a new one," I said.

She frowned at me, "He's really nice, Corey." She said.

"I'm sure he is," I said turning and flipping my laptop back open to create a distraction for myself.

She gave a huff, "He likes you and I know you like him because that's just how it is with mates, you feel something even though you don't want to, even if you deny it." She said.

"Oh, I feel something. Hate. He can go fuck himself." I said flatly. I felt bad speaking to her that way but she was making me angry and my pride was not going to allow me to apologise.

"You don't deserve him anyway." I heard Kaden mutter.

I rolled my eyes. "He'll get what he deserves." I said, "All the dick he can take and it won't be mine, thank God."

Izabella was shocked and I was willing to bet she was pretty speechless. I knew they were all disappointed in me, Kaden was probably angry and part of me regretted my words but I shoved that part away very quickly.

Sean decided that turning up the music would lessen the tension and anger the car was now stuffed with, it didn't. Besides the occasional bathroom stops, Sean and Trent trying to make conversation but failing every time until eventually giving up, we drove in pretty much silence for the rest of the five hours.

*****