Learning To Love Him 9

Chapter 9

*****

*Jayden*

"So, where are you off to?" Brent asked me as he took a sip of his beer.

'Don't tell him.' The first time Corey ever links to me and that's what he says, it sounded like he was commanding or ordering me not to.

"The Peaks." I completely ignored him and tried not to shiver when I heard his wolf growl angrily in my head. I was definitely going to get killed soon...

"The Apocalypse Peaks?" He asked surprised, "Why?" He asked.

'I'm not joking, Jayden. I swear to God if you don't shut up...' Corey's voice popped into my mind again warning me. I glanced across the restaurant to see him in the corner with Sean who shook his head at me telling me not to answer the question. I guess I shouldn't have told Brent where we were going, but Corey couldn't tell me what to do. Especially without being polite about it. Did he think just because he was a Beta he could just order everyone to do things?

"I've got family there." I shrugged.

"Family? You Inferno wolves have a pretty weird family then." I stopped drinking my Coke and looked at him.

"I didn't tell you that..." I mumbled. I could not remember having told him about which pack I was part of...

"Didn't tell me what?" Brent asked.

'I told you.' Corey's angry voice popped into my mind again. 'I told you he was using you.' What he said made me feel somewhat cold. I swallowed as I stared back at Brent. Right.

"Don't be like that, Corey. He didn't know." I heard Sean hiss.

"He should have, I did," Corey replied.

"Are you sure? I'm definitely sure you told me, Jay." Brent's voice drew me back to our conversation and I shook my head slowly.

"No, I really don't think I did." At that, he very graphically described how I told him. Yesterday, when we left the restaurant and I was still sipping on the soda he had bought me. I knew exactly what he was trying to do, so I nodded. "Yeah... I remember now." He was clearly lying. The only reason he had described the moment so graphically was because he was trying to make me think that I remembered it, but I knew it never happened.

'What? You told him?' Corey linked me.

I ignored him only because I was trying to understand why Brent knew about my pack.

"Right," he smiled, "So, you're travelling with friends, right? You mentioned Kaden... Izabella... Where are they?" Now I definitely knew he was lying. There was no way I mentioned them.

"I am travelling with friends but I don't know who you're talking about," I said furrowing my brows in confusion.

'Why did he specifically mention Izzy and Kade?' For once, Corey's voice in my head was calm, normal.

Brent chuckled. "Don't play dumb, Jay. You know who I'm talking about." He said. I bit the inside of my cheek but tried to hide my nervousness and also the fact that I was hurt because Corey had been right... and I should have known.

"You know what? I-I've been feeling really sick, maybe that's why I don't know what you're talking about? So I'm going to go –" I got up but he caught my wrist.

"Let me walk you to your room." He smiled at me.

No. He lied. I didn't trust him – not that I trusted him all that much to begin with, I mean I only met the guy yesterday. I shivered at his smile. There was something about it...