Learning To Love Him 16

*****

*Corey*

I groaned as my phone went off. What the hell?! Who the heck calls at six in the morning?!

"Answer your fucking phone, you idiot." I glared at Trent through my barely open eyes but it was no use because he had shoved his pillow over his head so I turned to grab my phone and answered it. I had learnt that Trent wasn't much of a morning person.

"Why haven't you called?!" Oh no... I shut my eyes giving a tired moan.

"Seriously, Ma? It's six in the morning! I almost died when my phone went off." I said.

"Shut up!" Trent's voice was somewhere between a whine and a groan, he sounded like a child.

"Serves you right! Why haven't you called?! Do you know how worried your father and I have been? Where are you?!" She asked, "The Alpha says you didn't even ask him for permission and you took Izabella and the others with you!" My mother literally yelled into my ear. I opened my mouth to answer but it shut again when she continued. "I heard you found your mate? Three months ago! Why didn't you tell me?! Corey, when you get home, you're grounded and your father and I are taking your car." She said. I gasped as I shot up, suddenly completely awake.

"Ma! You can't take my car! Please, I'll explain everything when I get home and I'll take the stupid grounding but please don't take my car, Mommy." I heard her scowl when I said 'Mommy'. It was the one word that I knew would get me out of anything with her because it made her think I was her 'baby boy' again. As for Dad, the words 'Let's go out, I'll pay for everything,' made him happy.

"I'll let you explain yourself but I might still take your car." She said. I smirked. Yeah right. I won!

"Alright, I love you, tell Dad I love him too," I said.

"I love you too, baby. Take care of yourself and my girls. And I better meet this mate of yours when you get back." She said.

I chuckled. "I will, Ma... Maybe..." I hung up before sighing.

There was no point in trying to go back to sleep now, it wasn't gonna happen so I got up and pulled on some tracksuit pants before I headed downstairs not bothering to get a shirt or shoes. I'd put that on later when I got cleaned up.

I slowed as I entered the kitchen and saw Jayden sitting at the table, his head leaned down hidden in his arms on the counter, though he wasn't sleeping. I could tell by the tapping his fingers were making against the counter beside his head.

"Hey!" I laughed when he jumped up almost falling out of his seat before shooting a death glare at me. He was pissed, I would be too if I was in the state he was in. He looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"Is there a reason you're here or is it to torment me some more?" Well, it seemed he was more confident when pissed.

"Yes, because my life is completely centred around tormenting you," I said sarcastically before I continued on as I made my way across the room, "Though, seeing as this is the kitchen and not your room, do I need a reason to be here?" I swung the fridge open and grabbed the orange juice before I gulped most of it down in a few seconds. Jayden sat giving me a stare of pure disgust so I held out the carton out to him. "Want some?" I asked. He let out a repelled snort before he began to get up. "What happened?" I leaned against the fridge after I put the box of juice back. He looked at me confused. "Your neck." I rolled my eyes, "What happened to your neck?"

He seemed surprised as he lifted his hand and covered the scar. It was only lightly visible under whatever he was using to cover it up with.

"N-nothing." He said avoiding my eyes by staring at the tabletop.