Learning To Love Him 25

*****

*Corey*

I grabbed a few rocks from the ground before I threw one and watched it skip across the water eighteen times before it disappeared beneath the surface.

"Is there anything you aren't good at?" I heard Jayden mutter, more to himself than me.

I chuckled looking at him. We were beside the river while Trent and Hayley were somewhere in the trees. I would have known where if I had been able to hear or smell them but our werewolf abilities were still being suppressed by the forest, and thus I had no idea where exactly they were but I knew they couldn't be far – well, wouldn't be far.

"Singing. Writing. Sketching. Playing the guitar – or any other instrument for that matter." I said. He rolled his eyes but chuckled. "Come on, let's see you try." I threw a rock at him which he barely caught and it made me laugh. "When we get home I need to teach you some basic hand-eye coordination," I said.

"Shut up." He got up before he chucked the stone at the river.

"Whoa, good one for your first time." It had skipped five times.

"I guess I'm just talented like that." I laughed at his response.

"Glad to see that you two seem to be getting on fine." I turned to smile at Hayley walking beside Trent.

"Are we swapping?" I asked.

"Yeah," Trent said. I threw the rocks at him and he caught them all swiftly without any trouble. I gave Jayden an amused side-stare that broke into laughter as he glared at me.

We left the others and walked through the forest before I suggested we stop when we were a little while away from the others but we could still hear the river splashing. It was much colder being so far away from the fire and I automatically glanced over at Jayden to see if he was wearing a jacket because an unhealing Omega could probably die in the cold. I did not plan to say anything if he was not, but luckily he was clad in a thick jacket.

We watched for about two hours and I was bored out of my mind but kept my mouth shut about that as we sat down against a tree and exchanged short sentences about random things occasionally going silent when we heard a noise. Eventually, the sky began to brighten ever so slightly and I glanced at my watch.

"I think it's time we got back and woke the others," I announced while standing up. It was about five in the morning and bits of bright light could be seen through the trees.

"Wait," I looked at Jayden. He had been standing for the last half-hour, I had gotten the feeling that he was becoming restless but didn't want to question him about it and just let him be.

"What's up?" My brows rise in question.

"I, Uh... I was wondering... Since... We're almost there..." He was speaking slowly, nervously.

"What is it?" I asked chuckling. Why was he so afraid to speak?

"You're my original mate. Would it really be that big a problem if we just..." He drifted.

What was he asking? "You want me to kiss you?" I asked quickly. I actually wanted to. There was always a lingering need to taste his lips again since we had kissed, I tried to shove it away and ignore it but it was always there. I figured that it was a mate thing, not because I liked kissing him specifically.

"No – NO! I-I mean... Well... A hug would be... fine." He said softly, "One – Just one time. Before we 'fix' this." He chuckled awkwardly.

I shook my head. Fix? Why did that sound so wrong? It was not though... It was what I needed. Probably what we both needed because he needed to be less attached to someone like me.