Learning To Love Him 10

Chapter 10

*****

*Jayden*

I chuckled listening to Kaden, Izabella and Hayley argue about why Hayley should sit in the middle while Trent kept muttering for them to shut up.

Corey was beside me. Sleeping? I assumed he was because he had headphones on and hadn't moved in the past hour.

Trent was driving now while Sean sat in the passenger seat flipping through radio channels.

"Anyone's phone not dead?" He asked.

"It's a long ride, Sean," Kaden replied. By that he meant he didn't want his phone to be used for audio and to die. Because we left in such a hurry, no one had thought to bring a car charger.

Sean sighed giving up on the radio and turning it off.

"Hey, Jay. Why not make some music for us?" Hayley smiled. I shook my head.

"Come on! You've been writing since we left Inferno, even before that, let's hear it!" Izabella said.

"You're wasting your breath. He didn't even sing when we were in the Time Out corner, just let me be bored out of my mind for fifteen minutes." Kaden said.

"That was when we were six." I frowned at him. We kept getting minutes added to our initially five-minute time out because he kept annoying me and we ended up fighting.

"Yeah, and two weeks ago we were locked in the basement. What's the difference?" He asked.

Well... "Layla and Bentley were in the basement with us." I shrugged. Kaden rolled his eyes and I smirked. I win.

"I need a bed!" He suddenly whined.

"I need the bathroom!" I groaned.

"Trent, pull over before I kill him and he never gets to the ladies' room." Corey hissed, completely annoyed as he sat up pulling his headphones off. So he hadn't been asleep?

Alright, maybe I might have said it one too many times... Or ten, but I desperately needed the bathroom!

"Fine. We'll stay here. One night. How the hell are we supposed to make a three day trip to the Peaks when you guys stop as much as you can?! We're never going to get there!" Trent said as he stopped at a hotel.

"The stores are still open! Let's buy some proper food." Izabella got out of the car.

"Izzy, wait –" before Sean could even finish Hayley and Izabella were gone.

"You'll get used to it eventually, they do that a lot," Corey said.

"I doubt I will," Sean muttered. I hopped out of the car.

"Where are you going?" Corey followed me out.

"Uh... Bathroom..." I said.

"Alone? So you can get into trouble again?" He frowned.

"Lay off, Corey," Trent spoke up.

"Whatever, I'll get the rooms," Corey announced before walking away.

"I promise he's not always like this... He's actually a really cool person." Sean muttered.

"I know." I shrugged before I left to the bathroom. Obviously by the way Corey treated Hayley and Izabella – even Trent, Kaden and Sean – I knew he was a great person, just not to me.

-----

"Sean, I'm getting worried," Izabella mumbled shoving her phone onto the bed, she looked worried. Corey had booked two rooms, four beds each but right now we were all in one room. I glanced at the window feeling the pull I felt towards Corey strengthen slightly. It felt like he was nearby or already inside the building.