Learning To Love Him 18

*****

*Jayden*

"Jay..." I looked up from my guitar. I never left home for trips more than a day without it.

"Yes?" I smiled at Izabella. She shut the door before taking a seat on my bed, her legs crossed in front of her.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I got beat up." I shrugged, "Not a human, though. I'm not that weak." I gave a light-hearted smile but she just stared at me concerned before she looked at my neck. Her eyes almost looked pitiful and I hated that.

"Your scars don't disappear..." She observed.

"Yes, well, you get why not," I said. The stronger a wolf was, the faster they healed. My scar wasn't close to disappearing. A couple more years maybe?

"Well," I watched as she pushed her sleeve up, "You know what my blood does... Here..." She held out her wrist. My eyes widened. Was she serious? She noticed my reaction, "It'll make you stronger –" She began to add.

"No... No way! You want Sean to kill me? And I don't... I don't bite people's wrists. I can't hurt you for a little bit of blood. I won't drink your blood –" I was saying.

"I have plenty more of it, Jayden. And I'll heal, Sean won't see it –" she was saying.

"No!" I cut her off.

"Don't you want to heal?" She asked. I opened my mouth but stopped. Yes, obviously yes. But I didn't want to hurt her. "It's fine, Jayden. You won't be hurting me. You'll be a lot stronger and it only wears off after five or so years. You'll be able to get everyone off your back."

I opened my mouth to say no again but my voice caught in my throat as I stared at her wrist. I wanted what she was offering so badly. Of course, I wanted to be stronger and heal faster... but I didn't want to hurt her. "You promise this won't hurt you?" I asked slowly as I looked at her.

"I promise." She smiled. I glanced back down at her wrist before swallowing nervously.

"Alright."

------

*Corey*

"Are you serious right now?" I frowned as my beer was taken from me. "Really? Corey?" Trent threw the bottle into the bin.

"I paid for that." I glared at him.

"I forgot your kind can't compel." He smirked causing my glare to deepen and he laughed.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I asked completely annoyed.

He frowned. "You're not much fun when you're not completely sober or completely wasted." He stated.

I sighed turning around and signalled for the female bartender. "Hey, Beautiful," I smiled as she reached us.

The black-haired girl smiled back at me. "Hey, what can I get you, boys?" She asked.

"A –" I began.

"Just water. That will be all." Trent cut me off.

"Water? You could have gotten that at a grocery store." I chuckled at her reply.

"Or a tap," I added. She laughed. "He's not really the fun type," I explained why Trent didn't want any alcohol.

"Mmm, but I bet you are." She said giving me a sexy stare while licking her lip. I chuckled.

"I –" I began.

"So this is why you get paid? To tell customers to go buy drinks elsewhere?" I rolled my eyes as she frowned at Trent, "Water, thank you, Love." He said giving her a smile.