Don't Just Assume

A/n: Hope you enjoy!

Shinso slowly walked to the fields to begin training with Aizawa. He dreaded to come face to face with his teacher. All he's been getting from Aizawa today are glares and scoffs, now he knows how Present Mic feels He thought. Coming up on the training course he saw Aizawa standing in his Hero Uniform waiting for him.

"Hey Sensei...Why aren't you wearing your training clothes?" Shinso asked.

"We're not training today. Instead I'm going to walk you home. Me and your mother have something to discuss with you." Aizawa started walking and looked back noticing Shinso was being hesitant. "Come on."

Shinso hastily made his way over to walk by Aizawa. Aizawa stuffed his hands in his pockets and grunted seeing Shinso look over at him nervously.

"You care to tell me what that was about Yesterday?" Aizawa asked seeing Shinso quickly move his eyes to the ground.

"My mom...She was upset and she didn't want company." Shinso heard a "tch" come from Aizawa as he kicked a rock with his foot.

"Did she tell you she didn't want company?" Aizawa kept his eyes ahead while Shinso yet again hesitated to answer the question.

"Uh...well, no..but, I know my mom and-."

"Really? so what did she do to make you think she didn't want company Shinso?" Aizawa interrupted giving Shinso a tired glare.

"She told me to go to the store and get Ice cream." Shinso ran his fingers through his Indigo hair nervously knowing that he sounds stupid saying something like that, but it was the truth. "Look Aizawa." Shinso said bluntly and stopped in his tracks making Aizawa turn to face him still with a glare on his scruffy face. "I Know you and my mom have something going on, and she's been really upset ever since she's met you again. When my mom asks me to go get Ice cream, that means she's usually upset about something. When I saw you walking I knew you were the reason and I just had to..make you go back home."

Aizawa listened to the young teenager hearing every word, but it only made him angry from how he just assumed everything that was going on. He motioned Shinso to keep walking and they both proceeded down the street again side by side, but this time Shinso felt relief that he finally got that off his chest.

"You know your mother sent me a text and I didn't respond. I'm sure that's why she was upset." Aizawa said softly. Shinso looked over seeing Aizawa's brows furrowed like he was getting angry.

"I hear you do that a lot to her." Shinso scoffed. At this point he didn't care if Aizawa was mad at him. He was tired of seeing you so heart broken over the teacher and he just wanted it to stop.

Shinso saw Aizawa pull his phone out and begin to scroll through it then showed him the text you sent. It read 'I miss you'.

"I was going to surprise her." Aizawa said placing his phone back in his pocket. "So you made matters worse when you think about it. You shouldn't just assume things because that's how you screw up."

Shinso was speechless from his words. He looked ahead and saw that they were coming up on his house, he felt so bad for what he did it made his heart hurt a bit. He was the reason you cried yourself to sleep last night and that just made him hurt more from the sudden remembrance of your sobs all through the night. "I understand you were just trying to protect your mom, but we are fixing to get everything out on the table today."

They both shared glances at eachother. "Just promise me something." Aizawa said as they both walked up to the door of your home. "Once this is over and everything's said and done, don't be mad with your mother."  He said as he knocked on the door a few times.

"What? Why would I be mad at my-"

"Promise me." Aizawa looked down at him with his dead stare and Shinso nodded in agreement.

Soon enough you opened the door to see Aizawa and Shinso standing on the other side.

"Oh hey, um...I thought you both had training today?" You said motioning them inside.

They both took off their shoes and went to sit on the couch.

"We were going to train, but Shinso had a incident yesterday. Why don't you go ahead and tell her about it." Aizawa said giving Shinso a nudge with his elbow.

"I brainwashed Aizawa..." He said almost in a whisper it was so low.

"That's what he's supposed to do isn't it?" You said clearly confused about what's going on.

Aizawa glared at Shinso then motioned him to keep talking, so he did. "I saw Aizawa coming down the street when you asked me to get Ice cream and I brainwashed him to go back home." Shinso bowed his head like a sad puppy.

You looked over at Aizawa with a small grin on your face. "You were coming over?" You thought he ignored you completely after reading the text you sent, but little did you know he felt the same way.

"I was going to surprise you, I'm sorry I didn't write you back. I was going to make this a lesson for him, even though he did do it because he thought I would just upset you more."

"Upset me more? Did I seem upset to you?" You asked as you took a seat in the recliner.

"I know when you ask me to go on a ice cream run, you're sad or upset. I just know something's wrong and I thought he was the reason, but I just made everything worse. I'm sorry mom."

You could see Shinso meant his words and you smiled at the caring boy infront of you. You weren't even aware that you had a tell like that. Looking over at Aizawa you could see he was proud that Shinso cares this much about you, but he had to keep his stern nature about him.

"Well, I'm happy that we got that settled. Now on to the next subject." Aizawa looked at you in a way that showed you he was ready to let Shinso know the truth.

"Well Aizawa, It's not the weekend yet." You said worried about Shinso's reaction.

The thought's of your son hating you from keeping something like this from him intruded your mind making your heart want to stop. You thought you had at least a few more days, but Aizawa and Shinso deserved this. You knew they've waited long enough for this, so you sucked it up and took a deep breath to calm your nerves then proceeded.

"You're right. Shinso, me and Aizawa have something very important to tell you."

A/n: Thanks for reading!!!