{Chapter 8}

~~Returning Back The Gift~~

Leon sat around his desk staring on the small gift bag in front of him. He has been in that same position for an hour now deciding if he should take the flash drive back to Shay.

He growled raking his hands through his hair wondering why the hell he want to hold on to something she brought. He frustratedly grabbed the bag from the desk to take it back.

*

"So what's caused you to took this job?" Patrice asked Shay.

They were having breakfast in the kitchen, Sun Hi was already gone to school  and there wasn't much to do around the mansion. Patrice is really quick and good on her hands to keep the mansion sparkling clean and neat.

"I've been through alot that I don't really want to get into but I'm here because I want to get away from my previous life and continue my college classes online....so I'm trying to save as much to pay my tuition fees, buy a laptop and a phone" Shay said sipping on her coffee.

"You're so ambitious... That's great" Patrice said smiling "Whatever challenges you are facing you will over come one day" she added rubbing her back.

Shay fight hard to keep the tears away if only Patrice knew what she has been through. She has the perfect life growing up, she had money and a great family but after she lost her parents everything  came scrambling down.

Leon pause has he heard Shay and Patrice talking and he decided not to bring back the gift instead he had something in mind. He past on his way out without them noticing but he couldn't help himself from thinking about what she wanted to get away from.

Shay help Patrice with the dishes although she said she can manage alone but shay Insisted. She didn't want to sit around and not doing anything while Patrice did everything.

"So how long have you been working for Mr Hyin?" Shay asked building convo.

"About three years" Patrice answered trying to remember if she's right.

"Is he always that grumpy?" Shay asked bitting on her lips hoping Patrice didn't think she was nosy.

"He wasn't that grumpy until his mom passed away a few months ago and Sun Hi been giving a hard time with her behavior plus the many businesses he managed" Patrice explained.

Shay was lost in her thoughts Wondering if he like the flash drive, she frowned knowing it wasn't anything like his. She glad he accepted it and she can breath freely knowing he won't fire her.

"Are you thinking naughty about the boss?" Patrice smirked snapping Shay out of her thoughts.

"What? No way!" She answered abruptly glaring at Patrice playfully.

Patrice laughed at the expression on her face. "Come on admit it he's attractive" she grin

Shay didn't know what to say, he was but she wasn't taking full attention of his body just that she love to see his shinny cute brown eyes. She was way too scared of him to even looked at him for five minutes.

She still been hiding from him even though she bought his flash drive back but that's wasn't enough, she thought. It was cheap and still his work was ruined.

"Aren't you gonna agree?" Patrice grin bumping Shay shoulder.

"I haven't noticed" she half lied his eyes were attractive she thought.

"You're lying, who would resist noticing that attractiveness?" She said wiggling her brows.

"Don't tell me you are crushing on him?" Shay said glaring on Patrice in disbelief.

"So what if I am?" She frowned.

"You're old enough to be his mom" Shay exaggerated.

"Excuse me! That's not true I'm just thirty two years old and beside age is just a number" she pout causing Shay to giggle.

Patrice wasn't like her age, her body was perfectly in shape even though she has three kids. She was still looking beautiful and young but still she was seven years older than Mr Hyin.

"I called that old" Shay teased earning a slap from Patrice.

"Ouch! What was that for?" She said rubbing the spot.

"For calling me old.... Now let's go clean the pool" she ordered.

"Are you mad at me old--- Patrice throw her hands up to slap her again and she zipped her mouth with her fingers.

Shay giggle quietly walking Behind Patrice to the pool, she was relief and happy when she was around Patrice. Patrice also enjoyed Shay's company, Shay still having those terrible nightmares at night she hardly sleep well in weeks.

•••

Shay lay in bed  in eager to checked her emails, she knew the college must sent back an email by now. She didn't have her phone to checked it or any access to computer.

The stupidest thought came to her but she shook it away, there's no was she would asked Sun Hi to use hers, she wouldn't lean her anyway.

Mr Hyin.... Another thought popped up in her head but she shook it off. She don't know when she'll get to purchase the laptop or the phone and she didn't want to classes started before her.

Only way was If she get access to a computer right away, she walked over to her room door peek up and down the hallway before walking out. She rather face Sun Hi than Mr Hyin so she head up to Sun Hi room and knocked twice.

"I'm all in bed you already checked" Sun Hi snapped when she saw Shay standing by the door.

"I know that but I'm here for a favor... Sun Hi raised her eye brows questionable and Shay continued.

" Can I checked my email on you laptop please?" She asked glaring at the floor.

"Really! I'm sorry but I'm having an important video call and I can't cut it for you." She said rudely

"Please Sun Hi its Important" she begged

"Then find a damn internet café or the library!" She snapped slamming the door in Shay face.

Shay didn't know how much of her attitude she can take, she was feeling humiliated how she had to be begging a child to use her laptop. She use to have everything but now nothing and she barely have a few people who cared about her.

She shook the tears from her face and walked back to her room, she didn't want another humiliation so she wasn't gonna go to Mr Hyin either. She lay in the bed praying she got accepted and she won't be  late to checked her email.

Sometimes you have to put your pride aside and be bold and asked for what you want.... A simple no won't kill it better yet a 'yes'.  This is your future  Shay you need to checked your email, you need to continue your studies. She flicked her eyes open after hearing the voice. She took another deep breath and walked down to Mr Hyin office.

She raised her hands to knocked but she couldn't, instead she pace  back and forth the door thinking of what to say.

The door swung open and she froze couldn't move.

"Is there a problem Miss Valentine?" His husky voice said.

*
*
*
*

So tell me what you guys think?

Please vote and comment!!!

Give your support people it will make me happy....