{Chapter 11}

~~Are you firing me?~~

Mr Hyin was bothered by the way Nate was flirting with Shay and she kept smiling. He wondered why she's so scared and nervous around him but with his friends she can smile.

He shoot Nate a cold glare when he asked her to joined them for a drink. He knew how Nate was, he wanted every woman his eyes landed on. He wasn't the type to settled down and he could see how he was flirting with Shay and he didn't like it.

Why am I bothered by this? If he's flirting with her that's not my problem.

He told himself but he was leing, it was a problem to him and it was burning fire in his heart. She just met his friends but there she was smiling with them and avoiding him and it made him angry.

It's not anger.... You're jealous. His inner self told him, he scoffed ignoring the voice because he thoughts that not true. How could he be jealous and he didn't like her like that? He thought

"What's wrong with her having a drink with us man?" Nate asked Leon who was looking mad.

"She's my employee and I said no she has work to do" he replied bitterly.

"Not because she work for you doesn't mean you own her" Nate frowned.

"If your looking someone to flirt around with I suggest you go somewhere else" Leon snapped.

Shit! Why the hell I just said that? I sound like a jealous freak... He cursed inwardly.

"Look you two don't start arguing, aren't we here to celebrate something" Charlie step in.

"Looked like you bossy friend over there forgot" Nate said slurping down his whiskey.

"You better shut that hole---

"You two are unbelievable" Charlie frowned.

Charlie was always the one to part things between Nate and Leon, for some reason  they just always finding something to disagreeing on. Because they were distracted arguing they didn't even realized that the whiskey was finished.

Shay remembered her mom always said cakes cheer people up when their sad. Whenever she get sad she'll try it but it didn't work for her but she though she give it a try especially for Mr Hyin.

She inhale and exhale before taking up the tray with the slices of cheese cakes and head out to the guys.

"Cake anyone" she said smiling.

"Sure" Charlie and Nate said in unison.

"Mr Hyin?" She asked holding it out to him.

"I'll past just get another bottle of whiskey" he said finishing the last in his glass.

"These are good" Charlie said taking another slice.

"Hmmm sure are" Nate said doing the same.

Shay smile at how the guys were enjoying her cake, Leon scoffed glaring on his friends behaving like some greedy idiots.

Shay walked back to the kitchen wondering why her boss couldn't have a pleasant face like his friends. She stretched  for another bottle of whiskey but couldn't reached.

"Am I that short?" She asked herself still stretching up.

She still couldn't reached to it, she thought of asking Nate for his help since he was so nice but she didn't want to Interrupt her boss guest. She pulled one of the stool and climbed on it, she reached the whiskey and she smile.

Just as she was getting down she lost her balance, she gasped letting the whiskey go. Her heart rate increasing as she thought of the hard floor she'd fell on. She felt some one caught her and she was surprised staring up on him.

"You should be careful beautiful" Nate said smiling.

"Yes I should" Shay breath out relief.

"Next time you can't reach something please ask for help" Nate said with her still in his hands.

"That I'll do" she said smiling at him.

Leon heard the smashing sound in the kitchen and he went to checked it out. He reached at the door and saw Shay in Nate arms and he was angry. He tried hard to keep himself calm but the way he hold her and she smiling was really pissing him off.

"You enjoyed creating mess Miss Valentine?" He asked trying to calm himself.

Shay was frighten by his voice she jumped from Nate hands and she looked down on the mess on the floor.

"I-- I'm so sor---

" It was an accident man, she almost fell" Nate said cutting Shay off.

"Did I asked you anything?" Leon scolded him.

"What's your problem man? Can't you loosen up a bit" Nate said angrily walking out of the kitchen.

"You clean that mess up and meet me in my office later" he said harshly and left.

Shay could see the tension between them but she tried as much to avoid looking on Mr Hyin. She quickly stoop over the broken pieces from the bottle and clean it up.

°•°

The whole evening Shay was scared of what Mr Hyin was gonna say. His friends has left a minute ago, she was in her room praying he wasn't gonna fire her.

She finally decided to go to his office, she quietly knocked on his door but get no answer. She was about to knocked when she heard footsteps coming down the hallway and she saw it was him.

Without saying anything he pushed the door open and walked in, Shay stood by the door waiting for his approval. She didn't want to do anything else to pissed him off more.

"You can come in miss Valentine" he said calmly

Shay stepped in and close the door, she fidget with the hem of her blouse because she was fricking nervous. She saw him pulled out his cheque book from his draw and scribbled in it.

Shay was wondering why the hell he was writing a cheque then the thought hit her. He's gonna fire her, she got more nervous wanted to beg him not to fire her. He ripped out the cheque from the book and stared at her with an unknown expression.

"Here" he said handing the cheque to her.

It's was Tuesday night and he's giving her a cheque already normally he paid on Wednesday's. Shay walked slowly over to him and collect the cheque from him.

Her eyes widen when she saw the figures on the cheque, she stared at him then back on the cheque.

One thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars.... He's definitely firing me... He's paying me off this much.... She thought staring on the cheque.

*
*
*

Another one!!!!!

Please enjoy gentle people...

Vote and comment.... Toodles