Starting New - Chapter 1 - Running Away

**Anastasia's P.O.V**

"I'm sick of you guys treating me like I'm such a problem" I yelled at my parents. I fight with them everyday. I don't know if I can handle it anymore.

I'm 18 so I can just go, but I don't have enough money to do it. I had a good job, but I got fired because I got into a fight with someone because they were rude. Then I got a new job at some diner. I don't even got a car so I'm truly stuck. I'm saving up for one though.

"Maybe if you actually listened to us we wouldn't fight with you all the time. You're like the devil child I swear" My dad ranted before walking out to the back yard. The devil child? I do nothing wrong to them.

"Wow" I said shaking my head.

"He didn't mean the last part hun. You just don't listen to us. It's getting annoying and disrespectful. You're 18, almost 19, do something with you life. Stas, you fight too much. Be happy for once" my mother said to me.

"I can't be happy when living here with people that bring me down" I told her then ran up the stairs and into my room.

I locked my door and grabbed a big ass duffle bag. I'm getting out of here. But I got no where to go. Maybe I'll go to my friend Faiths house. But I go there way too much. I feel like I be bothering her and her family. I threw a bunch of clothes into the bag along with my toothbrush and phone changer. I grabbed everything I would need and zipped up the bag. I can't take another night here. I opened my window and carefully stepped out onto the roof. I've snuck out so many times before so I got this. I quietly climbed down and ran to the street. I grabbed my phone and started to call Faith.

"Sup girl" she answered.

"Hey. Can I crash at your place tonight?" I asked her.

"Of course duh. You need me to come get you?" She asked. Thank god I can stay there.

"Nah it's alright. Ima walk. I need fresh air. I'm going to the corner store then I'm coming" I told her.

"Sounds good. See you soon" she said then we said goodbye and we hung up. It's about 10 at night and it's a little cold out. All I'm wearing is sweatpants, a tee shirt, and sneakers.

I have one block till the corner store. That's where everyone around here goes. I wanna get like water and just something small to eat. Then I gotta walk like 15 minutes to Faiths. I grew up in the hood so I ain't scared to walk around this town late at night. Plus everybody knows everybody. No one will hurt each other. It's a small town. But I don't know about the towns around here. I don't know anyone outside this town. Well I know one person from Broward, but that's it. Who knows who will come to this town late at night though.

As I got to the corner store, there was only two cars in the parking lot. One was blasting music with their windows down. Someone got out of the passenger side and started to dance. I laughed to my self as I got to the parking lot. As I started to walk pass the car, the music quickly turned down.

"Yo!" I heard one of the guys say. I ignored them because I don't care what they want or who they are. "Stas!" I heard them yell making me stop. So they know me. I turned around to see one of my old friends get out of the car with a big ass goofy smile on his face. He has his usual durag on his head.

"Stokeley!" I yelled excitedly as I started walking over to him. I haven't seen him in so long. He's one of the people from out of town that I know. He's the only person I know from out of town.

"I haven't seen you in a minute Shawty! How are you?" He asked as we hugged.

"Fucking shitty. How are you? How's the music going?" I asked. I always got good vibes from Stokeley. He was always a good friends. I don't know why we stopped talking.

"It's really good. I'm chillin. Where you going with a big ass bag?" He laughed as he asked.

"I can't stand another night in my house. Ima stay with my friend for tonight I guess" I said shrugging. His eyes widened a bit.

"Bruh Stas you stayin with me tonight" he told me. I gave him a confused look. "You can crash at my crib for a few days. I'm being dead fucking ass. I live with two of my vros, but we got a spare room you could sleep in" he told me.

"It's all good. I don't wanna bothe-" he cut me off.

"Come on. We needa catch up anyway" I sighed. I don't know his friends so do I really wanna be sleeping in a house with strangers when I only know Ski. "See that fool right there" He said while pointing to the guy standing on the other side of the car. He was staring down at his phone though. I nodded. "He lives with me. He's chill so is the other two niggas I live with. They're like family and are just like me. And you know you love me so you'd love them" he explained. I smiled a little. He do know I love him.

"I do love your goofy ass" I said rolling my eyes. "Ima come with you" I told him. He smiled wider.

"Dope. Yo Wifi!" Stokeley yelled to his friends. His head shot up looking over at us. "This is Stas. She's coming over to our place. Stas, this is Isaiah, but you can call him Wifi" he introduced us.

"Sup" Wifi said to me with a smile. I gave a small smile back.

"Ight hop in" Stokeley said as he got into the car. I got in the back seat. I should probably text Faith telling her I'm not coming.

___
Me: yo I ran into Stokeley so ima stay with him tonight , see you tmw?

Faith: ski? oh my have fun girl see you tmw
___

I shook my head and put my phone down.

"So Stas how old are you?" Wifi asked me.

"Yo chill nigga. She been in the car for two minutes" Ski joked. Wifi laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Man shut up" they both laughed. "Forreal Ion you so I'm just asking questions" I laughed along with them.

"I'm 18" I told him.

"Ohhh you young" Wifi said with a laugh.

"How old are you?" I asked back.

"21" he told me.

"You 22 right?" I asked Ski.

"Yup" he answered back. "Trunks ain't the youngest in the house no more" he said with a laugh.

"He gone be happy bout that" Wifi said with a laugh too.

"Is that the other guy living with you guys?" I asked them.

"Yeah. He 18 too, but he turns 19 next month. We also live with another guy. He's chill as fuck. You'll get along with him" Ski told me.

"You do music too?" I asked Wifi.

"Yeah we all do. Hold up we gone play some things. Let me get the aux" He said grabbing Skis phone, unplugging it and then plugging in his phone.

"Bitch ass nigga" Ski mumbled.

"Shut up big head" he said back making me laugh. Ski slapped his arm. I know ima get along with them real well.