Chapter 2 - Used To Always Have My Back

"Damn" I mumbled as we got to the house. It's nice.

"I think Coolie left" Ski said as we walked through the front door. I heard music being played and saw some guy sitting on the couch on his laptop.

"Yo" Isaiah said to the kid. He looked up and looked confused to see me, but smiled softly anyway. His hair was half blonde and half brown. He has face tats like the other guys. He's also really attractive.

"X this is my friend Stas. She's staying with us tonight or for how ever long she needs. Her house sucks. Stas this is the other fool living with us, Jahseh but you can call him X" he told me.

"Hey" This X guy said to me. I gave a small smile to the kid and looked back at Ski.

"Follow me" He said. I followed him up the stair case and we walked into the first room on the right. "This will be your room"

"Stokeley you really don't have to do this-" he cut me off.

"Shh. You used to always have my back when I was broke as fucking hell. Now let me have your back. All you ever did was fight with your parents. You're 18 and should get the fuck outta there. Stay with me as long as you want" he ranted to me. I nodded and threw my bag on my bed.

"Thank you" I said back.

"Come chill with us" he said then walked out of the room. I quickly followed him back down stairs. I saw Isaiah walk out the back door. Jahseh was still on the couch on his laptop. "Anyone want some to drink?" Ski asked us.

"Water" I answered.

"I'm good vro" Jahseh answered him. Ski nodded and walked out of the room. This is weird. I don't know this kid. "So why you staying with us? I don't mind at all, I'm just curious" I heard him ask. I looked up to see him staring at me.

"I be fighting with my parents too much. I didn't want to stay there another night" I told him. He nodded then looked back down at his laptop. Ski walked back in and sat down next to Jahseh.

"So bunny over here-" I cut Ski off.

"No. We're not saying that shit again" I said and he started to laugh. Him and another old friend used to call me Bunny. I don't know why, but they were just weird like that. I always used to hate it.

"Nah I'm playing." Ski said back. I shook my head and tried to hide my smile to act like I'm annoyed. It didn't work. Wifi walked back in and yawned.

"Peace guys. I'm tired as fuck" Wifi said as he started to walk up the stairs. "Nice to meet you, Stas. Welcome to our home, roomie"

"Thanks" I said back with a little giggle because of the way he said it.

"Bruh I'm tired too" Jahseh said while shutting his laptop.

"You going to sleep too?" Ski asked him. Jahseh shook his head.

"Ima stay down here with you guys" he answered Ski. "So how you two know each other?" He asked us.

"Three years ago, I saw her she was fighting some hoe and I saved her ass from the cops" Ski told him.

"Oh you a fighter?" Jahseh joked with me. I shrugged.

"Only when a bitch talking shit or comes at me first" I told him. He nodded and chuckled.

"I feel you" he said back.

"You still talk to Ki?" Ski asked me.

"A little bit. Here and there. I haven't really talked to anyone, but Faith lately" I honestly told him. "Do you?"

"Yeah we still bros" he answered back.

"Who's that?" Jahseh asked us.

"You've met him before. We call him Lil Skies" Ski told Jahseh.

"Ohhh yeah. I like that nigga"

"I may go to bed" I told them as I stood up. "You know fighting with parents all night could make you tired" I said and laughed a little.

"Honestly you've been fighting with them for way too long. You needa get out of there, Anastasia. I'm being so serious because I care bout you. You used to be more happy. You can stay with us until you can find a place" Ski told me. I sighed.

"Who knows how long that will take? I work at some dumpy diner. I don't be making that much. I need to live with them if I want a roof over my head. I just need a break from there some nights. I refuse to bother you guys like that-" Jahseh cut me off.

"Hey I may not know you, but if you close with Ski, you close with me. You can stay here as long as you need. It isn't an issue" He told me.

"See" Ski said back. I nodded.

"Thank you guys" I said giving them a slight smile. "Ima go to sleep now. Good night" I said before walking up the stairs to my new room. I feel like I'll like it here.

**Stokeley's P.O.V**

"I hope you don't care like for real" I said to X after Stas went upstairs.

"Nah it's cool" he told me shrugging. "You like her?"

"No. She's like a little sister. We would never be together" I told him making him nod.

"Not gonna lie. She's good looking" Jah said quietly making me laugh.

"I knew you'd say that. I think y'all will vibe together" I said to him and he shrugged.

"Guess we'll find out" he said standing up. "Night bro"

"Night Jah"