Chapter 33 - Bruises

"Yo!" I heard some guys voice from next to me as I walked out of the store. I rolled my eyes to see Trevon and his friends. "Stas come here!" He yelled to me. I just turned around and started to walk away. I gotta walk back to the house this way. "I said come over here!" I quickly turned around and gave him the finger then continued to walk to the back of the building.

Bruh I need a car. The house is like ten minutes from here walking and I'm in a bad mood. I heard someone running behind me. Please don't be him.

"Why you being a bitch?" I heard Trevons voice.

"Leave me alone" I said back without turning around. Then suddenly, I felt his hard grip on my body and I was pushed against the brick wall. I whined as I hit my head. "The fuck?" I yelled.

"Shut the fuck up. Don't be yelling like that" he said in a low pissed off voice. His hands were pressing my arms against the wall.

"I can do whatever I want. Let me go" I snapped at him. His grip only got tighter. I looked into his eyes and he seemed fucked up. "Are you back on drugs?" I asked being serious. He laughed.

"The fuck you care for? Want some or you still gone be a pussy cause your cuz died from that shit?" He snapped back. How dare he bring up personal shit like that?

"Fuck you" his eyes went darker. I always knew to leave him alone when that happened. He had his anger problems and would take it out on me.

"Wanna repeat that?" He asked and put his hand on my shoulder. Why? I used to never talk back to him when he's like this, but I felt brave to do so this time.

"Fuck you" I repeated. His hand that was on my shoulder quickly went around my neck. I gasped and tried to take his hand off of me as I couldn't breathe. "Stop" I managed to say. "Please" I begged and I started to get dizzy.

"I fucking hate you" He said as he removed his hand. I held my neck since it hurt so bad and I was trying to catch my breathe. "Ima make sure you have no one in the end" he said then walked away. I just leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. Fuck. I'm in such pain. That's why I never talked back.

***

I walked through the front door to see Ski sitting on the couch.

"Yo- what the fuck?" Stokeley said standing up from the couch quickly. "What happened?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked confused. Does he know?

"You have a big ass bruise on your neck? How- is that a hand print?" I just looked at the ground and started to walk away.

"Nothing" I mumbled. He grabbed my arm making me stop walking. I looked at him and he just was staring at my neck.

"Who did this?" He asked.

"It don't matter" I answered back. "Don't tell nobody-"

"Don't tell nobody? Stas you have a hand print on your fucking neck. You think I'm gon tell nobody" he stopped and scoffed. "Jahseh!" He yelled.

"Nigga shut the fuck up" I said slapping his arm. I quickly put my hood up as I heard someone walking down the stairs. Stoke pulled the hoodie down.

"Hey h- what happened?" Jahseh asked quickly walking over to me. "Who did this?" He stood in front of me and stared at the bruise.

"I'm fine" I said as I took a step back.

"That wasn't the question. Who the fuck did this?" He asked again. I can't tell him.

"It don't matter-"

"Who the fuck did this?" He asking louder this time.

"Why the fuck you yelling at me for?" I yelled at him.

"I ain't trying to, but you ain't telling us who did this to you. What happened?" He said back not yelling.

"Come on Stas" Stokeley said then sighed.

"It was Trevon" I told them. Jahseh started to ball up his fist. "I saw him at the store and he was on some type drug again. We was fighting because I wanted him to leave me alone and he wouldn't" I explained to them.

"So he fucking laid his hands on you?" Stokeley asked with a pissed off voice. I nodded and looked over at Jahseh who, I can tell his breathing got heavier as his chest moved up and down. His eyes were darker and he still had his fist balled up.

"That nigga dead" Jahseh said shaking his head.

"No Jah don't do anything about it" I begged.

"And why the fuck not Stas? He hurt you" He is so mad and I don't want him to do anything stupid.

"Because he's done it before and I don't want you doing anything stupid-" he cut me off.

"Wait he what? He has hit you before?" He asked. I nodded.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Stokeley says. Jahseh quickly walked into the kitchen then back out with keys in his hand.

"No. Jahseh. You-" he walked right passed me and out the front door. Stokeley and I followed.

"We taking your car vro?" Stokeley asked Jahseh.

"Yes" he mumbled back.

"No you guys aren't going anywhere" I said following them to the car. They ignored me. I ran over to the driver side and stood in front of the door.

"Stas move" Jahseh said as he got to me. I shook my head.

"Don't go" I begged. "Stay home. I'm fine. Please-" he cut me off.

"I'm not going to ask you again-"

"Stop-"

"Move out of my way" he asked in a calm voice. I knew he was holding his anger in. "Go back in the house babe" I just stared at him and put my hand on his chest. I went to talk, but he started to first. "Please" he begged. He kissed my cheek then moved me himself. This is a nightmare. I ran into the house and groaned. I have no clue what the hell is about to go down tonight.

***

"Stas!" I heard Isaiah yell as he ran down the stairs. I looked over and he was putting on a sweatshirt. "We gotta go. Come on" he said making me stand up.

"Where?" I asked as I grabbed my phone and started to follow him out of the house.

"The police station to pick up X and Ski. They got arrested for fighting someone so we gotta get them and bring them to Xs car" he told me. My eyes widened. They got arrested for beating Trevon up. This is exactly why I wanted to stop them so they don't get in trouble with police. But nope. "I didn't even know they left" Isaiah said then looked over at me and his eyes widen. "Yo what happened to your neck?" He asked and kept driving.

"Trevon happened" I said and groaned. "The boys left to go fight him for that" I told him.

"Bruh I was asleep for one hour how did I miss this all?"