Chapter 45 - A Dress and Heels

"Yo!" I heard Faiths voice as she entered my room.

"Oh no" I joked as I walked out of my bathroom to see her. I looked at her confused as I saw her in a dress and heels. "Girl, where you going?" I asked. She smiled widely.

"You mean where are we going? We going to the club. Come on let's pick out your dress" she told me and started quickly walking into my closet. Is she for real right now? I followed her in and leaned against the door frame as I watched her go through my clothes.

"I ain't going out tonight" I told her. She looked at me and frowned.

"Stas I'm not letting you sit another night alone upset about X who's literally right across the hall. You need to have fun and get your mind off of him." She ranted. I don't think she's giving me a choice. I just nodded and she smiled. She started to go through my clothing again. "Have you guys talked?" She asked me.

"Yesterday after he posted that picture of himself on my instagram, I got upset again about the whole thing and told him I still don't forgive him. I went back upstairs and was alone for an hour just thinking. The thought of him and another girl just wouldn't leave my head. So I told him that we aren't together for now and I need time. Obviously that made him upset so he stayed in his room for the rest of the night and I stayed in mine" I explained to her. She stopped and looked at me.

"Damn. I would feel the same way except I'd slap him in the face. I don't know how you manage to stay calm around him after he did that. I give you credit" she told me then went back to what she was doing and grabbed two dresses.

"I just really like him and care for him" I said sighing. She held up the two dresses showing me. "The black one" I picked making her put the other dress back.

"Continue" she said as she walked out and grabbed my wrist pulling me into the bathroom. I watched as she hung up my dress then put the toilet seat down and sat on it. She looked right at me. I laughed and shook my head.

"I really fucking like him" I started as I put my hair up. I gotta do my makeup as I explain everything to her. "I just wish I didn't because I'm scared to get hurt. Example one, he already hurt me. He's a rapper he can get any girl he wants. Any girl would die to be with him so why would he want to be with me? I just get scared" I explained. I heard her take a deep breath.

"Usually I wouldn't do this, but I kinda got to defend him" she started. I quickly looked over at her. "Let me finish" I crossed my arms. "Not the cheating because that's fucked up. But I can tell he really cares for you. You have to see the way he looks at you, Stas. I know he has feelings for you. I don't know why he did what he did, but I believe he does like you" she told me. I slowly nodded then started to do my makeup.

"I hope so" I said quietly.

"Now let me put on your A Boogie playlist and we can be happy tonight" she said making me laugh. Faith is always right when it comes to figuring out if a guy really likes a girl. I don't know why or how, but she's always right. She always hated Trevon, but I ignored that because I liked him. There's been plenty of examples, but I hope she's right again this time.

***

Honestly, I look good. My makeup actually looks really great. The dress fits amazingly. But I want to sit home. I don't want to go out. I want Jahseh to apologize a hundred times and do something to show me he's sorry and he cares for me and actually has feelings for me.

"Ready?" I heard Faith ask me. I quickly looked over at her and nodded with a little smile. I grabbed my bag and then walked out the room with Faith right behind me. I heard the boys talking from down stairs.

"Woah. Where yall going?" Stokeley asked as he saw us. Jahseh quickly turned his head and his eyes widened.

"The club" Faith answered him.

"Oh no no no" Jahseh said standing up. "I'm coming"

"No you're not" I told him.

"Niggas gonna be all over you. I'm coming" he said as he walked closer. I can tell he was getting mad.

"Not if I stop them. You shouldn't care anyway Jah" I said sighing. I don't even want to go anymore. I did for like two minutes. He shook his head and looked away.

"Our Uber is here" I heard Faith say.

"Y'all better be careful" Gabe told us. I smiled a little at him and nodded.

"And be home by 12!" Isaiah joked. We all laughed. Well except Jahseh who's mad.

"Bruh it's 10:30" I said with a little giggle.

"I don't care what time, just come home in one piece" he joked again. I nodded and just smiled. These boys act like they my fathers. I looked back over at Jahseh who is just staring at me.

"Bye guys" I said as I started walking over towards the door. They all started saying goodbyes and random shit. Jahseh grabbed my arm as I was about to pass him. I looked up and our faces were close. He was looking me right in the eyes.

"If anything is wrong, call me. Do not hesitate to do so. Okay?" He told me in a quiet tone. I nodded.

"Okay" I said back in the same tone. He let me go and I walked out the front door.

"See" I heard Faith say as we walked to the car.

"What?"

"He cares"