Chapter 72 - Why'd You Come Here?

Today consisted of getting the last box from my parents house and sleeping majority of the day. Jah was out all day so I slept a lot then I went to my parents. Thankfully, my father was leaving as I got there. All we said was hello and that's it. I don't want to talk to him anyway.

So I just left there and I'm on my way home. I borrowed Stokeleys car again. I really do need to get my own. I just don't know what kind of car I want and I don't even know if I have enough money yet. I'm getting there.

I turned into another familiar street and sighed once I saw Kis car outside of his parents house. A part of me wants to stop by and say hello to everyone. But I'm also scared since I haven't talked to Ki in weeks. I should just do it.

I parked my car behind Kis and got out. There's no harm in this. I don't think. I took a deep breath as I got to the door. I'm scared. What if he wants nothing to do with me now? I rang the door bell and after only a few seconds the door opens and I see Kis mom and kis little brother.

"Hey sweetheart" she said smiling and hugged me quickly.

"Hi. I hope I'm not intruding" I said as I stepped into the house.

"No not at all" She insisted. I smiled and nodded.

"No. We missed you" Kis little brother said to me.

"I missed you too" I said to him. "I saw Kis car outside and we haven't talked in a few weeks because of a something-" she cut me off.

"I know hun. He told me. He should be in the kitchen. Come on" she told me and started to walk towards the kitchen so I started to follow her.

"Hey ma, Who was-" Ki walked in and stopped talking as he saw me. His face dropped. He looked so shocked to see me. "Stas" He said so quietly. You can hear the confusion in his voice.

"Hi" I said. "I hope you don't hate me" I joked even though my tone was serious. Barely even a joke, I am being serious. He sighed loudly.

"I could never hate you, Bunny" he said as he shoved his hands in his sweatshirt pocket and looked down at his feet. He seems upset to see me though.

"We'll let you two talk" Kis mom said then walked out with Kis little brother. I watched as Ki went over to the front window and stared outside. He took a deep breath then turned around and faced me again.

"Why'd you come here?" He asked me. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed that I was here or he's just confused as to why I'm here. I don't know. But once I looked into his eyes, I could see he's hurting. He looks so sad.

"I was passing by and saw your car outside. I figured I'd come say hi to everyone and I'd get to see you. It's been a while. I wanted to make sure everything was okay" I told him. He scoffed and shook his head.

"If you care, then why didn't you hit me up earlier. It's been almost a month, Stas" now I can tell he's annoyed. I wasn't sure what to say back. It has been a few weeks. I could have hit him up early. But I didn't. I didn't even try. But what would I have said? I showed up here not knowing ether. Maybe I shouldn't have came.
"You didn't try. So why show up here?"

"Neither did you, Ki. You didn't hit me up either" now I'm getting slightly annoyed with him. He's being such an asshole.

"I didn't hit you up? I texted you and you ignored it" he's right. He texted me the day I went to the jail, but I forgot all about it.

"You could have called-"

"I didn't have to. I let all my fucking feelings out that night. You don't know how long I was holding that in for. It was killing me. And it kills me knowing I actually said it now. I regret that shit" he said raising his voice at me.

"I came here to talk to you which shows I do care. So don't act like I don't. Because didn't you ever think how hard that was for me to hear all that?" I asked him and he looked at me like I'm crazy.

"How hard it was for you to hear all that? Are you crazy? How about how hard it was for me to say that fucking shit? To someone who don't care?!" He yelled now.

"It wasn't fair for me!" I yelled back.

"How the hell-" he was cut off.

"Woah what's going on?" I heard Kis dads voice. I looked over and saw him and Kis little sister walked in. I didn't even hear the front door open.

"Stas Hi!" Kis little sister, Keiya, said to me excitedly.

"Hi" I greeted them. I gave a little smile because I really can't smile right now.

"Nothing. Stas was just leaving" Ki told him making me look over at me.

"Ki-" he cut me off.

"No, Bunny. This shit ain't fair for me, but you're only worried about yourself" he snapped at me, getting loud again.

"Chill out bro" I heard Kamrins voice. I saw him walk into the room from the kitchen. "She has a boyfriend, man-" Ki cut him off.

"Then she should go be with him. Not here" Ki said. I came here to talk, not to fight.

"Are you guys okay?" Kis dad asked us.

"No" Ki answered him.

"Ki, come on" I said quietly.

"Y'all are just best friends. It's always been that way bro. I'm sorry-" Kamrin got cut off by Ki.

"Man stay outta this" Ki snapped at his brother now. This is ridiculous to me. "I'm always the bad guy, right?"

"Kimetrius" Now his dad snapped at him. Ki looked back at me.

"I'll always be in love with you. If that's weird for you, if you can't handle that, then maybe we shouldn't be friends no more. You can just stop talking to me. You've done it before, I'm sure you can do it again" he said then walked out of the room. I just stood there speechless. What the hell just happened?

"I'll just leave" I said then quickly walked out before anyone could say anything to me. I ran into my car and the second I got in, I leaned my head back against the seat. Well, there goes my best friend. I shouldn't have came here.

I sighed then grabbed my phone. I saw Jahseh texted me. I just wanna go home and be with him.

_________
My Baby💙: when you gonna be home babe?

Me: on my way now
_________

I smiled as I walked through the door and saw Jahseh laying on the living room floor playing with Sora. He smiled once he saw me.

"Hey" he greeted me and stayed laying on the floor.

"Hi" I said back as I put my stuff down on the couch. Jahseh looks so good right now. He's wearing a maroon beanie, a white 'No More Pain' T-shirt, and maroon shorts. He always knows how to dress. "Hi Sora" I said as I got onto the ground as well. I kissed Sora then Jahseh. "How was your day?" I asked him.

"Pretty good. And yours?" He asked back.

"Kinda boring. I slept majority of the day then went to get the last of my things" I told him. I don't even want to talk about what happen today with Ki.

"Sounds fun" he joked then chuckled. I giggled too and nodded. "I guess we'll both sleep good tonight then because I barely slept last night"

"Why?" I asked concerned. He shrugged.

"I don't know. I just couldn't get myself to fall asleep" He told me.

"Damn. I hate that" he stood up and held his hand out for me which I gladly took and he helped me up.

"Wanna go to bed?" He asked me.

"Definitely"