Chapter 3 - Dangerous intentions

Aspen's POV

I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me as we started dancing, her arms around my neck.

I leaned over and breathed in her sweet and tasty scent, closing my eyes. Freaking delicious. Dirty thoughts started running on my mind. I wanted to run my lips on her neck, kissing, sucking it.

Get a grip, Aspen!

"Umm...thank you for the dance." I said as I pulled back and walked away without letting her say anything.

I was sipping my drink when Carolina approached me.

"What is going on?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest as she pierced her eyes into mine.

"What?" I asked,confused.

"You and that girl." She replied, pointing to Serena with a head gesture.

"Serena?" I asked, puzzled. "Nothing." I said.

She raised her eyebrow, giving me an unconvinced look. "Are you sure of this?"

"Of course. I love you." I replied. She looked at me, checking if I told her the truth or not.

"Darling." Her husband approached us and placed his hand on her lower back. He traveled his eyes from her to me as he gave me a stern look.

"Darling, let me introduce you to Aspen Anderson." Carolina said, giving him a wide smile.

"I know him." He said. "His father, Blaze and I did business together a year ago." He said firmly.

"Yeah. We met in our company." I muttered and took a sip from my drink.

"Where do you know each other?" John asked, looking at me with piercing eyes.

"He is David's friend, darling. We met at David's birthday party. You were abroad, because of it you didn't meet each other." Carolina replied. "Come on, darling. I want to dance." She gave him a smile and kissed his lips. Then, they walked away.

I clenched my fist, looking behind them.

****

I was laying on the bed, my arm wrapped around Carolina's shoulder while her head rested on my chest. She was running her fingertips on my bare chest while I was stroking her hair. I placed a soft kiss on her hair and got up.

I picked my clothes up from the floor while she was leaning against the headboard, staring at me.

"John has been acting strange since the event." She said.

I stopped buttoning my shirt as I gave her an inquiring look.

"Strange?" I asked, puzzled.

"I think he has some suspicion that there is something between us." She replied.