Chapter 15 - Good girls fall for bad boys

Aspen's POV

It had been a week. A damned week without Serena. I tried not to see her. When she was in our house, I didn't go there. Elva told me Serena was so sad. I didn't want to see her unhappy. Especially, knowing that the reason for her unhappiness was me.

I was in my penthouse. Elva told me that Serena was coming to our house. So I decided to stay in my penthouse.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I took a sip from my drink and placed it on the centre table. I went to open the door.

"Carolina?" I looked at her, shocked as I saw her standing in front of me.

How did she find my penthouse address?

"Why don't you pick up my calls?" She snapped, folding her arms over her chest.

I breathed deeply as I answered sarcastically. "Isn't it obvious?"

She gritted her teeth. "What is going on with you, Aspen? You have totally changed after that damn girl." She hissed.

I clenched my fist angrily and said bitterly. "I finally came to my senses."

"Will you let me in? I don't want anybody to hear our conversation. I think we have to talk." She said firmly.

I sighed and took a step backward, letting her in. I closed the door behind her as she walked in.

She placed her bag on the couch and folded her arms over her chest, plunging her eyes into mine.

"What does it mean?" She asked. "Could you explain it to me now?" She added.

I took a deep breath and said firmly. "I want to break up with you."

Her eyes widened as she stared at me without saying anything, her mouth agape. Then she burst out laughing.

"Are you high?" She asked mockingly. I breathed deeply. "You can not do it." She snapped and took a step towards me. "Did your naive doll befuddle you?! She is just pretending to be a naive girl, but she is a manipulative slut who wants to get into your bed." She said bitterly.

"Watch your language!" I warned her.

I would not let her say any disrespectful words to Serena. I would not let anyone. Especially Carolina, who was a manipulative, selfish, self-centered woman.

"Or has she already gotten into your bed?" She snapped, plunging her piercing eyes into mine.

"Stop it, Carolina. Don't involve her in our mess." I snapped, running my hand through my hair.

"You slept with her." She said, stunned. "Wow. She isn't so innocent like she is pretending." She said mockingly, waving her hands in the air. "She was really easy. Just a few compliments, and she spread her legs." She laughed sarcastically, shaking her head.

I clenched my jaw. "Watch your language! I don't let you belittle her. She is so innocent. Especially compared to you." I said bitterly, giving her a mocking look.

She clenched her fist as she plunged her burning gaze into mine. Her cheeks flushed with anger.

"How dare you?!" She barked. She breathed deeply, closing her eyes. "Don't fool yourself, Aspen. You are just befuddled, because you feel guilty. You love me. I love you too. And does she make you feel the same way how I make you feel?" She said seductively as she wrapped her arms around me, pressing herself into my bulge. "She is an inexperienced naive girl who just wants a prince on a white horse." She added.

I breathed deeply and grabbed her arms as I pushed her back. "I don't love you, Carolina." I confessed. She looked at me in shock, her eyes wide. "Yes, before I thought I loved you. But when I was thinking that I was in love, I didn't even know what was being in love. Who introduced me to love was Serena, no one else. I fell in love with her. I am deeply, madly in love with her." I admitted.

Yes, I love her. Finally, I could admit it, even to myself. I am deeply, madly in love with Serena.

But I decided to stay away from Serena. I didn't want to make her unhappy. But I would always love her.

I plunged my eyes into her eyes as I added arrogantly. "And she doesn't just appeal to my cock as you, but my heart too. However, it passed too. When I see you, I just feel irritation. You are a pathetic woman."

She clenched her jaw, giving me a death glare and slapped me across my face. I plunged my eyes into her as I gave her a cocky smirk.

She squeezed my chin as she hissed. "What? My little boy's claws are showing." She gave me a mocking smirk.

I pulled my head back as I gave her an insolent look. How was I so dumb that I didn't see her true face? She was a low woman.

"Do you think she will love you when she knows the real you?" She gave me a cocky smirk.

"Good girls fall for bad boys.It looks odd, but it is true. Love is blind." I said arrogantly, placing my hands into my pockets. "Stay away from us." I warned her. "And now if you don't mind I have more important things to do." I said dryly.

She clenched her fist. "You can not get rid of me like that, little boy. I will give you some time to think and come to your senses. We will talk later." She said and grabbed her bag. She left, slamming the door behind her.

I closed my eyes, breathing deeply.

****

I was waiting for my father to end his conversation on the phone. I was staring into space, thinking about Serena. I missed her so much. Her dazzling eyes, her heart melting smile, her inviting soft red lips, her flawless skin, her warm touches.

"What happened? Girl problems?" My father asked, interrupting my thoughts

I bit my lower lip, looking away. "No, Dad." I muttered. "Just thinking about the mall project." I lied. He raised his eyebrow, unconvinced.

"Really, Dad. Don't worry. I am fine." I said.

He sighed as he gave me a compassionate look. "You know if there are some problems, you can tell me. I will help you as much as possible." My father said softly.

I gave him a slight smile as I nodded. "I know, Dad. But really, there are not any problems. Everything is fine." I said. He nodded, giving me a smile.