Chapter 30 - Coming clean

Aspen's POV

"I have warned you before. You had to take my warnings seriously." I said firmly and placed my hand into my pocket.

"You didn't have to do that. I will make you pay. You..."

"Hey, hold on. If you do something, especially, if you do something to hurt someone who I love, you will regret it. I don't think you want to see that photo in magazines." I warned her. She clenched her fist as her face flushed with anger. "If you do something again, I will destroy your reputation. No one will look at your face after that. Forget about high society parties, influential friends and so on." I added arrogantly.

"You cannot do it." She said, shaking her head.

I burst out laughing. "Dear, when will you start not to underrate my power?!" I said mockingly. "I advise you not to push my buttons. Otherwise, I will destroy you." I threatened her.

"You bastard!" She hissed.

"Hey, watch your language." I warned her. "And if you don't mind, I have more important things to do than chatting with you." I said and gave her an insolent look.

She gritted her teeth, clenching her fist angrily. She opened and closed her mouth without saying anything. Then she stormed out and slammed the door behind her.

I breathed deeply and collapsed onto the couch. I waited for a few minutes before leaving my office; I didn't want to bump into Carolina in front of the company. I didn't want to see her shameless face again.

I parked my car in front of Serena's company. Serena and I were going to the restaurant. I got out of the car as I saw Serena walking out of the building. She looked so beautiful in her white dress.

When she saw me, she gave me a dazzling smile

I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer and brushed my lips against her tempting lips. I pulled back and held her hand as I headed us towards my car.

We were having dinner while she was telling me about her day. She was telling me about her new designs, excited. I liked when she was talking about her job and sharing her excitement with me. She was so passionate towards it. From her words, it seemed that she really adored her job.

"You bastard!" David snapped as he saw me, interrupting us.

I breathed deeply and stood up. He approached me in quick steps. He grabbed my collar and punched me. I lost my balance and fell down.

"Aspen!" Serena screamed in panic as she stood up quickly.

She rushed towards me and bent down beside me as she placed her hand under my head, helping me to stand up. The securities rushed towards us and grabbed David's arms. I wiped my blood off my lips and took a step towards David. Serena grabbed my arm with her shaking hands. David gave me a furious look. I gritted my teeth.

"Did you calm down now?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I am going to kill you." He threatened me, giving me a death glare.

"David, don't intervene. It is between your parents and me." I said.

He gave me a mocking smirk. "Yeah for sure." He mocked.

I breathed deeply. When he wanted to punch me again, the securities stopped him, grabbing his arms, and pulled him out.

"Are you okay?" Serena asked, worried.

I turned my gaze to Serena and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. I am okay." I said, stroking her cheek. "Let's go." I suggested.

She nodded and grabbed her bag. I held her hand as I headed us towards the exit after paying the bill.

As we got in my car, Serena asked. "Why did he punch you?"

I breathed deeply and replied. "I have sent his father my photo with Carolina."

Her eyes widened in shock. She looked at me speechless, her mouth agape.

"I warned Carolina to stay away from you and my baby. I threatened her that if she didn't listen to my warnings, I would send that photo to John. But she didn't listen to me. So I have sent him the photo. And I wanted to come clean." I explained.

She averted her gaze, looking through the window as her expression got serious.

"Today, I accepted all Barnes family members." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes, annoyed. "As the family is completed, I guess I can continue my life now." I added.

I grabbed her hand as she was staring through the window for more than twenty minutes without saying anything. Her expression was gloomy. She turned her gaze towards me.

"Please, don't let them ruin our day." I gave her a begging look.

She breathed deeply and pulled her hand away. She folded her arms over her chest, averting her gaze.

"I don't know what to think anymore, Aspen. All of these..." She breathed deeply without finishing her sentence.

I took a deep sigh and pulled my car over. I got out of the car and went towards her side. I opened the door for her and extended my hand towards her.

"Come on." I said.

She bit her lower lip, thinking. Then she held my hand as she got out of the car. I gave her a radiant smile. We started strolling at the park.

I held her hand as I stopped her. I placed my hands on her arms as I looked into her eyes.

"I know it is difficult for you. But I can not change my past as much as I want. But I am trying to clean it as much as possible. I don't want my past to get in between us. I love you so much. And I want to be with you." I placed my hand on her stomach, smiling. "And this little one." I added. "Believe me I will do my best to keep both of you safe and make you happy. Just give me some time and trust me." I gave her a begging look.

I cupped her cheek, stroking her cheek with my thumb. She closed her eyes, enjoying my touch.

A few seconds later, she opened her eyes, looking into my eyes with her crystal blue eyes, making me lost in these dazzling orbs.

"Let's move in together

"Let's move in together." I suggested.