Chapter 37 - My man

Serena's POV

Aspen held my hand as he headed us into a nightclub. We were hanging out with Maria, Milan, William, Elva and Robert tonight.

We looked around searching for them. As Elva saw us, she waved her hand at us, smiling. I waved back at her, smiling, and we walked towards them. After greeting them, we ordered a glass of whiskey for Aspen and a glass of orange juice for me.

I was chatting with Elva. Suddenly, I noticed Aspen wasn't beside me. A few minutes ago, he talked to William, but now he wasn't here.

"Where is Aspen?" I asked William.

"Umm...he is coming....He went to talk on the phone." He mumbled.

I raised my eyebrow at him, unconvinced. He really looked strange. He bit his lower lip nervously and averted his gaze.

When I wanted to call Aspen, a familiar voice coming from the stage stopped me.

"Oh my goodness." Elva exclaimed in surprise, looking at the stage.

I lifted my head and looked at Aspen who was on stage. As our eyes met, he gave me a charming smile. Then he started singing, looking into my eyes. I smiled at him shyly as I started listening to the song without taking my eyes off him for a second.

Baby, let me be your manSo I can love youAnd if you let me be your manThen I'll take care of you, you

So I can love you
And if you let me be your man
Then I'll take care of you, you

For the rest of my life, for the rest of yours
For the rest of ours

(Zayn-Let me.)

As the song ended, he approached me. He knelt down on his knee in front of me and pulled a velvet box out of his pocket. My eyes widened in surprise. My heartbeats increased.

Oh my goodness! Is he going to....?

He opened the box in front of me as he asked nervously, looking into my eyes. "Will you marry me?"

I couldn't hold my tears. I felt so happy. I smiled at the man who was eagerly waiting for my answer and looked at the diamond ring shining in front of me.

I nodded, smiling and crying at the same time. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you, Aspen." I said happily.

He took a deep breath, relieved and gave me a wide smile. He took the ring and slid it on my finger with his trembling hand. Then we hugged each other tightly.

"I love you, my sunshine." He said and kissed my lips.

"I love you too, Aspen." I said, still crying with tears of joy and kissed his lips.

He pulled back slightly and placed his hand on my stomach, smiling at me with his boyish smile. I placed my hand on top of his hand on my stomach, smiling happily.