Chapter 31 - The permission

Serena's POV

My father was pacing back and forth angrily in the living room after Aspen and I had said to our families that we were moving in together. Uncle Mike, Uncle James and their families were in our mansion too. They came for a traditional dinner on weekends. Four of them invited each other for dinner at weekends. Today, my father invited them.

I looked at Aspen, giving him a nervous look. He gave me a reassuring smile.

"I don't let you. You can not move in together." My father snapped at me.

"Calm down, Dan. They are young and in love. It is normal." Mike intervened.

"Yes, of course." My father said in a sardonic voice. "Will you say it if it was your daughter instead of mine?" My father asked angrily.

"Of course. Aspen is a good boy." Uncle Mike replied and winked at Aspen. Aspen smiled. "But they don't love each other. My daughter lost her heart to some prick." He added sarcastically, emphasizing the word prick.

My father raised his eyebrow at him. "Did you call my son a prick?!" He asked, giving him a dirty look.

Uncle Mike burst out laughing. "Come on, Dan. Don't be stubborn. I didn't murder your son when I found him sticking his tongue down my daughter's throat." He said and shook his head in a disgusted expression.

I pursed my lips together, trying not to laugh. They looked like children while arguing.

"But it is different. My son didn't get your daughter pregnant." My father said. He turned his gaze from Uncle Mike to Aspen and snapped, giving Aspen a dirty look. "But he..." He pointed his finger at Aspen and continued."...didn't just stick his tongue, but other body part as well." He snapped, giving Aspen a dark look.

Uncle James and William burst out laughing

Uncle James and William burst out laughing. Uncle Blaze was holding himself hard not to laugh. Robert clenched his fist, giving Milan a dirty look. Milan rolled his eyes at him.

"Dan!" My mother warned my father, gesturing to me.

My cheeks turned crimson red, and I looked down, totally embarrassed.

"Fortunately, for now, but I have serious doubts about the future." Uncle Mike said in a serious expression and shook his head in disapproval. "If your son does it, I will cut his little friend." Uncle Mike said and gave Milan a warning look.

Milan bit his lower lip nervously, averting his gaze. I noticed light pink colors on his cheeks for a second.

"Dad!" Maria scolded. Uncle Mike gave her a dirty look. She sighed and folded her arms over her chest.

"Guys, come on." Uncle Blaze intervened as he stood up. "Dan, I know it is not easy for you. But they grew up. Serena is going to graduate from university next month. Aspen works at the company. And they love each other. We should respect their decision." He said, giving my father a compassionate look.

My father breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair. He traveled his eyes from Aspen to me and vice versa.

"No, I don't have permission." My father snapped and went to his study room in quick steps.

I sighed, holding my head between my hands. When I lifted my head, Aspen gave me a compassionate look, shrugging his shoulders.

After our guests had left, I went to talk to my father. I knocked at the door and opened it.

"Could we talk, Dad?" I asked. He breathed deeply and nodded.

I closed the door behind me and approached him. I sat down in the armchair in front of his desk.

"Dad, please..."

"No. You will move in together with a man after getting married to him. Not before." My father said firmly, cutting me off.

"Dad, I will not marry Aspen without knowing him well." I explained.

"You needed to think about it before getting pregnant and getting you into this mess." My father said mockingly, rolling his eyes.

I sighed. "Because of that, I want to know him better. I want to know if he is the same person who I love or it is just my imagination." I bit my lower lip and continued. "I don't want to make the same mistakes. I will not rush things this time. I want to take my time."

My father sighed, entwining his hands on the desk. He looked away, thinking.

"Please, Dad. Trust me." I gave him a begging look.

"I don't want to see you unhappy. But with him...." He waved his hand in the air without finishing his sentence.

"Dad, I know. But I want to give him a chance. I love him so much." I admitted, giving him a begging look.

He sighed and nodded. "Ok." He murmured with a serious expression.

"I love you, Dad." I said happily, smiling.

I stood up and approached him. I hugged him tightly.

"I love you, too, my angel." He said and hugged me back.

****

Aspen and I were in his penthouse. We decided to live here. Aspen told me I could change what I wanted here. So we were touring the penthouse to decide what we were going to change. He even suggested hiring an interior designer to restore it, but I refused. I liked the design of the penthouse. This place was decorated in a modern style, so tastefully and elegantly done. I just wanted to add some new furniture and change a few things.

"We should change the bed." I said as I walked in the bedroom.

Aspen walked into the bedroom after me as he asked, surprised. "Why?"

"Do you think I will sleep in the same bed where you fucked that slut and other women?!" I asked firmly, folding my arms over my chest.

"I didn't." He said in a serious expression.

I raised my eyebrow in a questioning expression.

"In this bed, I fucked..." He stopped, smirking as he placed his hands into his pockets. "Not fucked, but made love to the only woman..." He paused, amused and took a step towards me, closing the distance between us. "Who I am deeply, madly in love. No one else."

I looked at him, surprised by his confession

I looked at him, surprised by his confession. I couldn't hold my smile.

"You mean?" I asked, smiling, trying to be sure that I understood it right.

"Yes, my sunshine." He said, placing his hands on my hips. "In this penthouse, I made love to you. No other woman has even stayed here, excluding my mother and Elva. No other women even lay on this bed." He said honestly and leaned over me. "Just you, my sunshine." He said huskily and placed a soft kiss on my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Aspen." I murmured, closing my eyes while enjoying his kisses, touches and ran my hands through his hair.