Chapter 19 - The truth

Serena's POV

"No!" I screamed and woke up.

I looked around, I was in my bedroom. I had fallen asleep while reading a book.

I placed my hand on my heart, trying to control my breath. My heart was beating faster like I ran a marathon. I was drenched in sweat. I felt uncomfortable, like something bad happened.

I went downstairs to drink a glass of water. My heart was still pounding.

When I was going to the kitchen, I heard my father's voice.

"When?...Which hospital?....Is he fine?" My father asked anxiously, talking on the phone while pacing back and forth in the living room. Meanwhile, my mother stared at him with a worried expression on her face.

"How is Aspen?" My mother asked anxiously as soon as my father hung up.

As I heard it, my heart missed a beat. I placed my hand against the wall for support as my head spun.

No. No. No. Please, God, don't let anything bad happen to him.

I tried to pull myself together and approached my parents

"What happened to Aspen?" I asked, frightened.

"He is in the hospital. He overdosed." My father replied, running his hand through his hair.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Did I hear it right? No, it isn't possible. I know Aspen, he never uses drugs. He loathes drugs. I heard it when he was talking to Robert about their friend, Noah who was in rehab.

"I am going to the hospital. Mike told me Blaze was furious." My father said as he put his phone into his pocket.

"It is understandable. I am going with you." My mother said and ordered the housekeeper to bring her bag.

"I am going too." I said as I told the housekeeper bring my bag too.

As soon as Elva saw me, she rushed towards me and hugged me, crying. I hugged her back. My parents went towards Aspen's parents.

"How is Aspen?" I asked anxiously as I pulled back.

"We are waiting. I don't know. The doctor said his condition was bad when William brought him here." She said, sobbing.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy. Elva caught me by my arm and helped me to sit down. She rushed to somewhere and came back, holding a glass of water in her hand. I took a sip from the water. My hands were shaking.

"Are you okay? Your face is pale." Elva said anxiously.

"What happened?" I asked, ignoring what Elva asked.

"We don't know. He was at the nightclub with William. William said when he came back after talking on the phone, he found Aspen in this state. He was sweating, his face was pale and..." Elva couldn't finish her sentence and started crying.

"Ok, don't cry. He will be fine. It is Aspen. He is strong and stubborn." I tried to assure her and myself.

Yes, he will be fine. He has to. Damn, Aspen if something happens to you.... Tears ran down my cheeks as I hugged Elva. No, Serena, calm down. Nothing will happen to him.

Then we went towards our parents. Uncle Blaze was pacing back and forth in the hall while his brother, Uncle Mike and my father tried to calm him down. Meanwhile, Aunt Ashley was crying, sitting beside my mother and Aunt Amanda. William was leaning against the wall, folding his arms over his chest, staring into space.

"Damn it!" Uncle Blaze cursed and kicked the wall.

"Blaze, calm down." Uncle Mike said as he placed his hand on his shoulder.

"How?! How blind I was that I didn't understand he was using drugs. He has been sad the last few weeks. But I thought it was because of a girl." Uncle Blaze said, running his hand through his hair. Uncle Mike gave me a knowing look. I averted my gaze, biting my lower lip nervously. "I have to protect him, my son. But, I couldn't. Now he was laying there, and we don't know if he survives.....or not." He barely finished his sentence as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Blaze, calm down. We are talking about Aspen. He would never use those things. Don't you know him?! There must have been some misunderstanding." Uncle Mike said as he placed his hand on Uncle Blaze's nape. "And don't worry, nothing will happen to him. He is stubborn like his father." He said, chuckling. Blaze nodded, running his hand through his hair.

"I sent someone to check CCTV cameras at the nightclub. Don't worry, we will find out what actually happened." Uncle Mike said.

The door opened and the doctor walked out. We rushed towards him.

"How is my son?" Aunt Ashley asked anxiously.

"His condition is better now. His heart rate got back to normal. But he has to stay in the hospital. I will check him again." He informed.

I hugged Elva, relieved. She hugged me back, smiling.

"Could we see him?" Uncle Blaze asked.

"Yes, but no more than five minutes. The nurse will help you." The doctor said and left.

Aspen's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was in the hospital room. I tried to remember what happened. My mind was fuzzy. The last thing that I remembered I was at the nightclub, but suddenly, I felt bad. After that, everything was blank.

"What happened to me?" I muttered.

"You overdosed, Mr. Anderson. But now your condition is good." The nurse informed.

Overdosed? What the hell is she talking about?

"What?" I asked, puzzled. "How is it possible? I never used drugs." I snapped and tried to sit up.

"Sir, please, lay down. I will inform your doctor that you woke up." She said and left, closing the door behind her.

A few seconds later, the door opened, and my parents walked in. My mother rushed towards me and kissed my forehead, stroking my hair as she held my hand.

"Oh my goodness, Aspen. You scared me." She said as she kissed my hand.

"I am fine, Mom. Don't worry." I assured her. She gave me a warm smile as she stroked my hair gently.

"Since when did you start to use that shit?" My father snapped.