Chapter 21 - Downfall

Aspen's POV

I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out of the shower. I went to my walk-in closet and grabbed a black shirt and blue denim jeans.

Suddenly, the doorbell hummed. I sighed, annoyed and put my clothes on the bed. Then I went to open the door.

"Carolina?" I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

What the hell do you want again?!

"Hi. I was worried about you. I heard it from David. Are you okay?" She asked and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Yeah. Fine." I muttered.

"Won't you let me in?" She purred, batting her eyelashes.

"I don't think it is a good idea." I said.

"Why?" She gave me a seductive look. "Are you afraid you will not manage to hold yourself back anymore?" She said seductively and trailed her hand along my bare chest.

I pulled back as I narrowed my eyes. "Carolina!" I warned her.

"Ok, Aspen. I just want to talk." She said, bored. "Please." She added.

I sighed and took a step backward as I let her in. She gave me a wide smile and walked in.

"I will put on my clothes and come back." I said coldly.

"No problem." She said and went towards the living room.

I nodded and went to my bedroom. I put on my clothes and went to the living room. When I came back, I saw Carolina tapping something on my phone.

"What are you doing?" I snapped, raising my eyebrow. "Are you snooping on my phone?" I snarled.

She turned around in panic. "No, of course not." She mumbled. "I was checking the time. I forgot my phone at home." She said.

"Hmm." I gave her an unconvinced look and approached her.

I snatched my phone from her hand and checked if there was a call or a message. But there were no calls or messages. I ran my hand through my hair and put my phone into my pocket.

"I am listening to you. But I don't have so much time." I said firmly, placing my hand into my pocket.

"I want you to give us a chance." She said and walked towards me. "I miss you, Aspen." She said seductively, wrapping her arms around my neck.

When she wanted to kiss me, I pulled back as I grabbed her wrists, pushing her arms away.

"Carolina, it is enough. We talked about it. And I will not change my mind. It is over. Finito. Don't you get it!" I snapped.

She gritted her teeth as she said confidently. "We will see, Aspen. But I will not give up. We will be together again." When she was about to go, she stopped and turned around. "And don't think I will let you be with your naive doll." She added, smirking arrogantly and left.

Fuck!

I kicked the seat angrily, making it fall down.

Serena's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. Get rid of that thing. This sentence repeated in my head.

How can he say it? Asking me to kill our baby and calling him or her that thing. How can he be this ruthless? Even if he or she is still in my womb, but still he or she is a human being. Especially, it is our baby; a part of him and a part of me.

I leaned back against the car as my legs started trembling. Tears were running down my cheeks non-stop. I placed my hand on my stomach, rubbing it. I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I straightened. I walked towards the edge of the cliff, my hand protectively rested on my stomach.