Chapter 39 - The miracle baby

Serena's POV

After the doctor checked up on me, she said. "You are in labor." She turned towards the nurse and informed. "Get her ready for the delivery room."

"No. No, it is early." I shouted in panic.

Aspen held my hand and said, stroking my hair gently. "Serena, calm down."

"No, Aspen. She isn't ready. It is early." I pleaded, crying.

His eyes filled with tears. He leaned over me and kissed my forehead, still holding my hand.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to our princess." He said, trying to calm me down.

Aspen's POV

I was waiting in front of the hospital room. The nurse was getting Serena ready to the delivery room. I was pacing back and forth nervously.

"Aspen, calm down." My father said as he approached me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Dad, it is early. It is dangerous. She..." I shook my head without managing to finish my sentence as my eyes filled with tears.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to my grandchild." My father said and pulled me into his embrace.

"I hope, Dad." I said and hugged him back tightly.

I pulled back as the door opened. I approached Serena and held her hand tightly.

"Aspen." She said, sobbing.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine. I am with you." I tried to reassure her.

Our families approached her as well and tried to reassure her.

****

"Push again." The doctor demanded.

"Ahh." Serena screamed as she pushed again, squeezing my hand tightly.

It was more than six hours that we were in the delivery room. Seeing Serena's desperate crying made me feel horrible. Especially, knowing that it was partly my fault. I couldn't do anything to help her to decrease her pain. I felt helpless.

"You are doing great, my sunshine." I said and stroked her hair gently while holding her hand.

All my worry vanished as I heard a baby cry.

I was officially a father. A father. I couldn't describe how I felt.

As the nurse gave me my daughter, I felt so excited and nervous. What if I drop her? She was so little.

I held her in my arms carefully and stroked her chubby cheek.

"Hey, my little princess." I said, looking at her while the tears of joy ran down my cheeks.

I felt so powerful. I could do everything to protect this little one who looked so fragile. My little princess. My Sienna.

I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. When I lifted my head up, my eyes met with Serena's eyes. She was looking at us affectionately. I smiled at her happily. She smiled back at me.

I gave Serena our daughter. She took our girl in her arms carefully and kissed her forehead, crying.

"Hey, Sienna. Welcome to our life." She whispered, stroking her cheek gently.

I leaned over Serena and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I am proud of you, my sunshine. Thank you for everything. I love you so much." I said, stroking her hair.

"I love you too." She said, giving me a radiant smile.

I leaned over her and kissed her lips. I pulled back slightly and stroked Sienna's head, looking at my little daughter.

****

Our families and I were watching my daughter through the large window.

The doctor said Sienna needed a short stay in the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit. They placed her inside an incubator so that she stayed warm.

"She is so beautiful." My mother said in awe.

"Yes, and so cute." Aunt Karen added. "Dan, look at her. Isn't she so adorable?!" She said.

"Yes, she is. My angel." Uncle Dan replied, smiling.

"My beautiful niece." Milan said without taking his eyes off my daughter for a second.

"Auntie's little angel." Elva commented happily.

I was smiling while watching my little princess. I felt so proud. This princess was mine. My daughter.

My father placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a proud smile

My father placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a proud smile. I smiled back at him.

****

Our families left a few minutes ago. I was staying with Serena. She wanted to see our daughter. We were waiting for the doctor to let Serena get up.

I wrapped my arm around Serena while helping her to walk.

"My girl." She said in awe while watching our daughter.

I pulled her closer to me and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"She is so beautiful." She said, giving me a wide smile, looking at me.

"Like her mother." I said and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"I want to hold her in my arms. I missed her." She said sadly while looking at our little princess.

"We will hold her in our arms soon. Don't worry." I reassured her, pulling her into my embrace and placed a soft kiss on her hair. She gave me a slight smile and leaned against me.

Serena's POV

I was pacing back and forth in the hospital room impatiently. Finally, today, I could hold my little princess in my arms. The doctor said my baby was healthy, and the risk passed.

"Serena, calm down." Aspen said, amused.

He was sitting on the couch while smirking at my nervousness. As much as he tried to keep his calm, but I felt he was nervous too. Because when he was nervous, he entwined his hands tightly.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. The door opened, and the nurse walked in, holding my daughter in her arms.

I smiled widely as I looked at my little daughter. My heartbeats increased.

Aspen stood up immediately and approached me. He placed his hand on my lower back as he stared at our daughter.

"This little girl missed her parents." The nurse said, smiling and gave me my daughter.

"We missed you too, my little princess." I cooed her as I took her in my arms.

Aspen stroked her hand gently, smiling happily while staring at her.

I leaned over her and placed a tender kiss on her forehead, breathing in her milky scent. I felt a sense of bliss running throughout my body.