Chapter 18 - Intoxicated

Aspen's POV

Fortunately, I managed to stop the car in time. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes as I leaned my head against the steering wheel. My heart was pounding.

I lifted my head as I heard someone was knocking on the window. I opened the window.

"What the hell with you? Are you blind?!" The man shouted at me.

"I am sorry." I said, giving him an apologetic look.

After handling the situation with the man, I went to my penthouse.

As soon as I arrived, I went to my bedroom and stripped off my clothes. I went to the bathroom. I placed my hand on the sink counter as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was looking into the bastard's eyes while he was staring at me

I was looking into the bastard's eyes while he was staring at me. That bastard who scattered the heart that was dear to him. I clenched my fist and slammed my fist against the mirror, breaking it into a million pieces.

Damn it!

****

I was sipping my whiskey while watching the sky through the windows in my penthouse. Another day was finishing without Serena. It was getting darker like my heart. I was in darkness without my sunshine. However, the sun was going to rise tomorrow again, but I lost my sun forever. Now no one could light my heart lost in darkness.

I looked at my empty glass, sighing. I felt dizzy as I wanted to pour myself some whiskey again. I had been drinking on an empty stomach since afternoon; I didn't have an appetite.

The doorbell hummed, interrupting my thoughts. I breathed deeply and went to open the door.

"Hi." William greeted me.

I greeted her back with a hand gesture and went back to the living room. I collapsed onto the couch and took a sip from my drink.

"Are you still drinking?" He gave me a disapproval look. "Aspen, you should pull yourself together." He said, looking at me, concerned.

I ignored his lectures and asked. "Why are you here?"

He sighed as he placed his hands into his pockets. "I knew you were in your penthouse alone. So I came to hang out with you. I thought about a nightclub. But in your state, I am not sure about it anymore...."

"I will grab my car key. Then we can go." I cut him off.

"Aspen..."

"If you don't come with me, I will go alone." I informed. He sighed and nodded.

"But we will take my car. I will not let you drive in your state." He said firmly.

"Ok."

I was watching people who were dancing, having fun while sipping my drink. I couldn't get Serena out of my mind. Every time I closed my eyes her beautiful angelic face appeared in front of me.

"Shit! Look, who is coming." William hissed, annoyed.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at the direction where he was looking. It was Noah Spencer. He was a real troublemaker. He got involved in fights, drugs and so on. Not only did he just use drugs, he also sold them. He used his family name in his business. His family was so influential and wealthy, but he was a rotten apple.

"Hey, guys." He gritted us, giving us an arrogant smirk, his arm wrapped around a brunette girl.

"Hi." I greeted him. William greeted him with a hand gesture.

"May we join you?" He asked.

I nodded. William sighed, annoyed and took a sip from his drink. He gave me a wide smirk, and they sat down beside us.

"I am coming." William said in my ear as his phone rang. I nodded, sipping my drink.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked as he leaned closer to me.

"Yeah." I muttered.

"I know how to change your mood." He gave me an arrogant smirk.

I breathed deeply, annoyed as I guessed what he was talking about.

"I don't use drugs." I snapped.

"Hey, chill out, bro. I just suggested." He said, smirking and raised his hands in the air in a surrendering gesture.

"Whatever." I mumbled and sipped my whiskey.

"Excuse me. I am coming in a minute." He said and stood up. He whispered something in the girl's ear and left.

"So?" The girl came closer to me and gave me a seductive smile. "Why are you grumpy?" She purred in my ear as she trailed her fingertip along my arm slowly.

I breathed deeply, annoyed and pulled my arm away. I leaned my elbows on my thighs.

Here we go again! Will you leave me alone for fuck's sake?

I turned my face towards her, plunging my eyes into her eyes.

"Do..." When I wanted to put her in her place, I was interrupted by my phone ringtone.

I breathed deeply and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was my mother. I placed my glass down on the centre table and stood up.

After talking to my mother, I went back. When I went back, there was just that girl. As she saw me, she gave me a provocative smirk. I sat down on the couch, ignoring her and drank all of my drink in one sip. Then I poured some whiskey into my glass.

After a few minutes later, Noah came back, he asked the girl something. After whispering something in each other's ear, they left together.

Finally, I was alone. William hadn't come back yet. The jerk left me alone with these two dumbasses. I would give him nightmares when he came back.

Suddenly, I started to feel bad. I felt dizzy. I leaned back, trying to control my breath and opened a few top buttons of my shirt. My heart was pounding while I was sweating. My mind was fuzzy.

What is going on with me?

Suddenly, someone approached me. I couldn't tell who it was.

"Aspen! Are you fine?" He asked, worried while shaking me.

It looked like William, but I was not sure. My vision was blurry. My eyelids were getting heavier.