Chapter 1

~ NOT EDITED ~

Dedicated to: ChasingElizabeth – Thanks for the encouragement to get the story back up! I hope it’s been worth the wait :)

The bittersweet smell of fresh coffee clung to the air as Phil sipped the scolding liquid form his 'Father of the Year' mug while mulling over the details of his new mission.

Director Fury had called fifteen minutes prior stating that a 0-8-4, an object of unidentified origin had been located in Puente Antiguo, New Mexico and he and his team were to try and identify said object.

The thud of combat boots drew his attention away from what little remained of his coffee. Silver shrugged on her black biker jacket over her dark grey V-neck and slumped down beside Phil.

Amethyst, Silvers twin yawned a "Morning" as she made a b-line for the cooling coffee pot.

Phil sighed, he hadn't planned on waking 'his team' just yet. "The air vents?"

Amethyst glanced at her adoptive father over her steaming cup and gave a stiff nod.

"You should really get that fixed. I'd hate for you to bring home a lady friend and have to hear that too." Silver piped up with a cheeky grin as Amethyst hid behind her coffee mug stiffing laughter at Phil's red cheeks and scowl.

Phil grabbed his gun from the table and stood, the girls following suit with a shout of "Shot gun!" ringing through the air as they sprinted for the door. 

A loving smile pulled at his lips as he followed after them, for 21 year olds they sure acted like children but he wouldn't have it any other way.

~~~~

Phil pulled up at the gas station and set up the pump to fill the tank. He makes his way into the station and towards the back to grab some snacks, they’d been driving for hours and the girls were hungry.  

Whilst deciding on which flavoured donuts to get he over hears two robbers enter and demand cash and cigarettes from the cashier who they held at gun point. 

"Hands up! Don't move, don't move or I'll blow your head off!"

"Who else is hear? Who owns that car outside?" The second robber shouted, the cashier gapping like a fish out of water, terrified. 

"I do but it's really more like a lease." The robbers turned on Phil as he reveals himself, the keys in his raised hands.

The first robber who had threatened to blow the female cashiers held out his hand and told Phil to throw him the keys which he obliged.

Satisfied that Phil would no longer be a hindrance to their robbery the robbers turned back to the register. "Excuse me. I also have this gun. You will probably be needing that too." 

Both robbers turn on Phil. "Put it down! Right now! Put it down!" 

"Okay, I don't want any trouble." The second robber demanded that he toss the pistol just like he had the keys. Phil shook his head slightly. "I'd prefer not to throw it and risk the gun accidently going off. Maybe I could slide it over?"  

The robbers agreed that sliding the gun was the best option. Phil cautiously stepped to his right, letting the robber know that he would slide the gun to him from the other isle. His eyes darted over the shelves for anything he could use to disarm the situation.

He crouched slowly and slid the gun over. Whilst the robber was distracted he grabbed a bag of flour to his right and jumped into action.

Hitting the robber at the register with the bag of flour he jumped into the air with the aid of a low shelf and kicks down the robber's shot gun causing the man to fire at the ground.