Chapter 10

~ Not Edited ~

A/N: This chapter contains spoilers from recent Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episodes so if you're not up to date with the episodes then I suggest you catch up before reading.

A blinding light broke through Silvers lashes, a hiss passing her cracked and dry lips. She struggled to raise her arm to block out the fluorescent light.

Her senses returned one by one as a dull headache formed due to the constant beep that rang throughout the room.

Fighting through the light, she managed to peel her lids apart, blinking through the glow. She breathed a thankful sigh as a familiar face came into view, blocking the harsh light from her sensitive eyes.

"How you feeling?" The dark skinned, white hair man whispered, holding a glass of water to her lips.

She took a moment to take in her surroundings. She was in S.H.I.E.L.D's infirmary and numerous wires hung from her arms. "What happened?"

"You suffered major spinal damage; the Hulk also broke more than 60% of your bones." Fury marched in, taking charge.

A screen on the wall at the end of her bed displayed scans of all her injuries causing her to filch involuntarily before the screen changed to show more recent scams. "That being said, all your bones have healed well and your spine is as good as new despite what most doctors predicted."

"Most doctors believed that you would be bed ridden for the rest of your life. You have been in a coma for the past 3 weeks so any pain you may be experiencing is to be expected but with medication we are confident that you will be on your feet in no time with little to no rehabilitation."

Silver looked to Fury, eyes wide in bewilderment. "How? How can I or anyone for that matter, heal from that?"

"You remember Dr Streiten, correct?" Fury gestured to the doctor, ignoring her question.

"Yes, we worked on the T.A.H.I.T.I project together before it was scrapped for security reasons." Her eyes widened. "Please tell me you didn't."

"We didn't have to." Silver raised an eyebrow, he sounded as though he wasn't happy about not having to use the GH325 serum that her and the doctor had created with T.A.H.I.T.I.

Dr Streiten moved to the left side of her bed and grasped her wrist gently, raising the weak limb into her line of sight, her eyes widened.

"What the hell is that?" She raised a trembling hand, her shaking fingers tracing the intricate design of two intertwined snakes that marked her wrist.

Fury's features hardened confusing Silver. "Thor said that it's Loki's 'symbol', by saving your life his magic marked you as his. We don't yet know why he did it."

~~~~

Silver watched the busy city bellow rush by as her legs dangled over the edge of towers trade mark A. Her mind raced with her conflicting thoughts as her tears fell freely.

A wave of heat caused her to cringe. "Silver?" Amethysts voice was soft, as if Silver would brake if she spoke any louder. Amethyst was terribly worried about her sister, she spent all her time in isolation.

"I just stood there." She didn't need to elaborate as Amethyst pulled her into her arms.

"It's not your fault Silver, Phil didn't blame you and you shouldn't blame yourself either, blame Loki."

Silver pulled away from her sister in anger. "I can't and neither should you."

Amethyst eyes darked with rage. "How can you defend that monster?" Ceasing Amethysts wrist, Silver transported them to Tony's empty lab. Amethyst ripped her arm from her sisters grasp.