Chapter 12

~ Not Edited ~

Skye shuffled nervously in the taxi as they pulled into the driveway of Ian Quinn's property. "Relax, you'll do great." Silver reassured as she straightened her blue dress.

"But what if we get caught?" She stressed as they stepped out of the taxi. "How am I supposed to get into Quinn's office then?"

"You win his trust."

"How?" She stressed.

"The same way anyone wins the trust of the opposite sex, you tell them what they want to hear." Silver grinned. "Now shall we?" She gestured to the guarded entrance.

Skye drew in a deep breath and released it slowly, giving the undercover agent a nervous smile. "We shall."

The two passed through security effortlessly, with their arms intertwined and laughing about nothing.

Silver grasped two flutes of Champaign from a passing waiter and handed one off the Skye with a reassuring smile. Skye shrugged and accepted the beverage.

The Skye stopped as a man approached them from behind, questioning who they are. "Skye." She offered her hand, eyes widening briefly as she realized that Silver was no longer by her side.

Skye dismissed herself from the conversation and surveyed the area for Silver. "There's Quinn." She jumped as Silver appeared beside her.

"Skipper to bravo, I got eyes on top dog. The eagle is landing on it." Silver chuckled behind her glass as Skye called it in.

The two approach and blended in easily. "Ian Quinn, I'm your last minute party crasher. Skye."

"Glad to meet you." He turned to the others gathered round. "This is Skye. A member of the Rising Tide, a group of hackers."

"I proffer hactivist and I'm glad you know about us. And I'm glad to have gotten an invite, this is a tough party to get into."

"No as tough as the encrypted backchannel that you hacked to request an invite." He eyed Silver who was busy talking with another guest. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Samantha, Skye's plus one." She introduced herself, batting her eyelashes and biting back an eye roll as Quinn's smile grew, eye's drinking her in and lingering on her legs.

"You're a hacker too then"

"Something like that." She grinned mischievously, her blue contacts glistening under the bright sun.

"Ahh, A woman of mystery and mischief I see." His fingers brushed her bicep.

"All the best women are." She flirted back, suppressing a flinch as images of Loki clouded her mind.

She sighed in relief as Quinn excused himself to deliver his speech. A scoff past her lips, hidden behind her glass as Quinn criticized S.H.I.E.L.D.

With a discrete nod of her head, Silver signaled Skye that it was time to move.

They separated as they entered the building; Skye was to disable the laser fence whilst Silver kept security busy.

Skye searched the reception desk for a way into the room beside it. "Now what do I do?" She questioned FitzSimmons and May that were in her ear as she came up empty handed.

"What are you trying to do?" Skye stiffened as Ian's voice drifted down the hall.

She struggled to improvise and looked to Silver over Ian's shoulder. Silver ducked into another hall as Ian followed Skye's gaze, questioning her again as she failed to provide a solid answer.