Chapter 22

~Not Edited~

Silver groaned as her head throbbed, her hands moving instinctively to cradle it. Her eyes flew open with a start as she realized that her wrists and ankles where bound behind her back. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly as a string of curses fell from her lips.

The corners of her lips turned down as Kurse stomped towards her, he grasped the metal chain that bound her ankles and dragged her from the room, the floors ruff surface digging into her skin.

Kurse approached Malekith whom stood with a handful of Dark Elves at the top of the ships hatch. With a nod from Malekith, Kurse released his hold on the chain and tugged Silver to her feet by her arm before curling his fingers around her neck from behind and forcing her to walk forward between himself and Malekith.

They approached a level plain with a cliff off in the distance before them. The group came to a halt and Kurse's index finger and thumb curled up under ears, forcing her to look straight ahead.

Loki scowled with narrowed eyes as he watched Kurse grasped Silvers neck, a spark of relief ignited in his heart as he realized that Silver was still alive, for now.

"Are you ready?" Thor asked the two, drawing Loki's eyes away from Silver.

"I am." Loki butted in before Amethyst could answer. The two approached the edge of the cliff. "You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed?"

"Yes, possibly."

Loki held his hands out towards Thor and gestured to his cuffs. "You still don't trust me brother?" He questioned as Thor hesitated.

"Would you?" Thor answered before reluctantly releasing Loki's wrists.

"No I wouldn't." Loki drew his dagger, plunged it into Thor's chest and threw him down the cliff.

"Thor!" Amethyst gasped as Loki jumped down after a tumbling Thor.

"You really think I cared about Silver, about any of you?" He thrust his boot into Thor's face. Malekith marched forward and Kurse followed, dragging Silver with him as the scene played out before them.

Amethyst raced down the cliff to help Thor, cursing the Aether for draining her of the energy that she required to use her powers. Silver struggled to get free, to stop Loki from doing the unthinkable.

"All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet." Thor reached out his arm to retrieve Mjolnir, Loki grasped Thor's wrist as the hammer reacted to his call but it was too late.

Bile rose in Silver throat as Loki's dagger cut through Thor's wrist like butter. Loki stepped back as Mjolnir flew between them before crashing to the dirt and Amethyst rushed to Thor's aid.

"Malekith!" Loki called as his arm curled around Amethysts waist. "I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift." He tossed Amethyst between himself and Malekith. "I ask for only two things in return, a good seat to watch Asgard burn and that you return the mortal to me."

Kurse turned to Malekith and spoke in a language that the Asgardian's and mortals did not understand. "He is an enemy of Asgard, he was a prisoner in their dungeons and this mortal woman was with him." Kurse pushed Silver forward slightly for emphases.

Malekith contemplated Loki's terms. "What does use is the mortal woman to you?"

"She will grant me access to Midgard which I will make burn alongside Asgard."

Malekith nodded to Kurse whom pushed Silver forward, without her hands to catch her, she fell onto her chest beside

Amethyst and rolled over as Malekith strode towards Thor and forced him onto his back. "Look at me." He demanded as he thrust his arm out towards Amethyst, the gesture caused Amethyst to rise into the air and the blood red liquid that they knew to be the Aether was drawn from her body.