Chapter 9

~ Not Edited ~

From the moment Fury had thrown down the blood stained vintage Captain America trading cards Amethyst was already running, unable to stand the sight of Phil's most prized possession stained with his own blood.

She continued to run through the corridors of the Hellicarrier, no known destination in mind until she found herself standing in front of Phil's office, quickly scanning her access pass before the door clicked open.

She walked to his desk, tears falling freely as her eyes scanned the numerous framed photos that adorned his desk. Photo after photo consisted of Phil, Silver and Amethyst.

Each one consisted of a smile gracing his lips and it broke her heart to realise that she would never see that smile again.

One in particular caught her eye, a photo taken on her and Silver's 16th birthday, smiles pulled at their lips as Phil's arms draped over their shoulders holding them tight.

A chocked laugh passed her lips at the memory, of how they had seen Phil cry for the first time that night as he confessed to being afraid of losing 'his little girl's'.

Amethyst's attention was drawn away from the photo as Phil's office door slid open and Stark came marching in, Amethyst was about to turn a blind eye to the billionaire when she noticed the frantic yet determined glint in his honey brown orbs.

Tony rushed over, grabbing the photo from her hand and placing it back on the desk before dragging her out of the office. Amethyst stumbled as he continued to walk at a fast pace.

"Where are we going?" Amethyst demanded.

"To get that son of a bitch."

~~~~

Amethyst and Tony had gone their separate ways after he had put on the Iron Man suit and she had put on her flame suit. Amethyst was now seated in the back of a S.H.I.E.L.D jet with Steve, Clint and Natasha.

They had almost reached their destination when a blinding beam of blue light tore apart the sky, creating a gateway allowing the awaiting Chitari to rain down onto Earth.

An easily identifiable red and gold figure could be seen in the distance trying to prevent as many Chitari from coming through the portal as he possibly could.

The jet's hatch lowered as Clint turned in his seat to face Amethyst, "Stark looks like he could use a hand." She gave a sharp nod before throwing herself out the hatch and shooting off into the path of the oncoming Chitari.

Clint and Natasha struggled to stabilize the jet as Loki shot out the left wing with his sceptre. After managing a hard but safe landing, the three rushed from the jet trying to formulate a plan.

"Ah guys?" Natasha and Steve followed Clint's gaze, eyes widening in disbelief at what they saw. What could only be described as an armoured alien whale wormed its way through the portal, Chitari leaped off the creature in all directions, clinging to the buildings of New York and terrorising the civilians within.

"Stark, Amethyst, are you seeing this?" Clint asked.

"Seeing, still working on believing."

~~~~

Steve left to help civilians that were trapped on fifth as Clint and Natasha teamed up against the Chitari that had quickly surrounded them.

The Captain had only just returned when thunder struck the Chitari that were advancing upon him and the two agents. Thor struggled to stand with the aid of a demolished car.

The rumble of a motor caught the grounded Avengers' attention as all heads turned to locate the unknown source.

"So, this all seems horrible," Bruce said.