Epilouge

~ Amethyst Eyes ~

~ Epilogue ~

~ Across Both accounts - Imagine_Marvel and Marvelously_Loki ~
~ Reads at post - 12,525 ~ Votes at post - 430 ~ Comments at post - 158 ~

~ Not Edited ~

"We are gathered here today, not to mourn, but to celebrate a life that was."

A sea of people dressed in black gathered, an American flag was draped over a casket with a female S.H.I.E.L.D uniform sitting atop it.

Cuddling deeper into the broad chest of the god behind her, Amethysts purple orbs overflowed with silent tears as she refused to look away from the silver casket.

Steve stepped forward with his own eyes brimming with tears and placed a comforting hand upon Amethysts shoulder, a question burning in his loving yet haunted baby blue orbs as all eyes turned to the grieving woman as they awaited for her to deliver her speech.

Under a tree in the distance, a man dressed in black with a silver tie hanging from his neck watched as his childhood hero stepped up in front of the crowd and swallowed back his tears.

"A daughter, a sister, a friend, a coworker, a team mate. Silver Coulson was all of these things but something that few people know about Silver Coulson is that she-" With a deep, shuddering breath he continued. "As an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, she dedicated her life to protecting others, from those she held most dear to complete strangers and she lost her life doing just that."

Tony felt the confronting, calloused hand of Bruce fall upon his shaking shoulder as another slender, more feminine arm wrapped around his waist as his body rattled with silent sobs, his heart engulfed by guilt.

Thor encouraged Amethyst to move forward and placed a single rose encased in gold in her trembling hands, the roses had been created by Tony and Bruce with the promise that they would never perish. More tears fells as Amethyst looked from the casket to the rose and to the people around her, everyone from the team, including Nick and Maria, held a rose but theirs were encased in silver.

With a heart braking sob she placed the solitary gold rose upon the casket followed by the silver roses as Steve's speech came to a close.

"Silver Coulson may have been all of those thing but Silver Coulson is and forever will be a hero, an Almighty Avenger."

~~~~

Amethyst slipped into the chair across from Director Fury and blinked back tears as her eyes fell upon a cabinet behind Nick with a photo of Silver with her S.H.I.E.L.D badge and ID propped against the frame, 'A Fallen Avenger' was scrolled along the bottom of the frame.

Nick had called Amethyst into the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ for reasons not yet known. She had recently taken Silvers place on The Bus with a promise to protect the only family that she has left.

A manila folder was placed on the desk in front of Amethyst, drawing her from her thoughts. Her eyes fell to the folder, the S.H.I.E.L.D crest was stamped in the middle of the folder with CLASSIFIED stamped in red above it, her breath caught in her throat as her eyes lifted to meet Fury's one eye, the words 'Avengers Initiative' flashing before her eyes.

"With the passing of your sister, the Initiative is now one member short."

"And you want me to enlist the new recruit?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Call it closure, for the both of you."

~~~~

With a heavy heart, Amethyst stepped up beside the young man that she was tasked with recruiting into the Initiative.

The young man glanced at Amethyst before returning his gaze to the head stone that sat before him, his eyes red with tears and hands buried deep into the pockets of his winter coat.

"No matter what everyone says, the pain does not go away." His shoulders stiffened at Amethysts words. "But it does get easier to live with over time if you do something to make their life and their last moments worth it, something to make them proud."

His dark brown orbs met Amethysts before lowering to eye the folder she held out towards him. "What is that?" His voice cracked as he read over the cover, his fingers curling around the folder.

"Something to make her proud Peter Parker."

THE END.

I would like to thank everyone who has read Amethyst Eyes and stayed with me throughout the journey of this book, it has had its ups and downs as you all know but it has all been worth it and I hope you have all enjoyed this journey as much as I have and again, thank you.

The Sequel will be posted anywhere within the next few hours to the next few days. A message will be posted on my board when it is up.

Please Follow, Comment, Vote!

Thank you,
Marvelously_Loki + Imagine_Marvel