Chapter 3

~ Not Edited ~

The sun appeared over the horizon casting a light glow over the small desert town of Puente Antiguo.

Silver rubbed her tiered eyes, relieved to know her shift would end and she could return to base as soon as Amethyst returned.

In the mean time she allowed her thoughts to drift back to the events of yesterday, her bruised cheek throbbing in remembrance.

Silver eyed the raven haired man walking the site, her brows pulled together in confusion as agents continued to pass the man as if he didn't exist.

The man strained as he tried to lift the 0-8-4, anger and frustration clouding his features as he failed.

He stiffened and turned, feeling eyes on his back. His emerald green orbs next a startling silver glare, 'How?' He wondered as the young womans gaze burned through him.

A mischievous grin pulled at his lips as he eyed her in return.

Silvers hand raised to her ear piece to call in Amethyst only to hesitate as the man gave a slight bow of his head, grin still in place and vanish in a cloud of green smoke.

Amethyst shrugged on Silvers discarded jacket from the previous day, she despised the cold unlike her sister.

She lifted herself on to the buildings ledge grinning like a love sick puppy beside Silver who sat perched with a pair of binoculars in hand, a look of upmost boredom marring her delicate features.

"Report." The radio stationed between the sisters crackled to life as Amethyst retrieved it.

"They want an update." Amethyst broke the heavy silence they shared, drawing Silver from her reprieve.

“Tell them he’s eating eggs.”

“Scrambled or fried?” Phil's voice called from the radio sarcastically.

Silver pried the radio from a startled Amethyst. "We'll keep you posted Phil."  Rolling her glittering orbs. "You were holding the button."

"I knew that." Amethyst grumbled.

Ceasing her chance Amethyst dived head first into a gushing minute by minute retelling of her night. "I love you Am but you might as well be drooling right now and it's gross."

Amethyst glared before softening her gaze, winding her arm through Silver's and resting her head on her shoulder.

"You just wait. I can see it now, cold and guarded Silver Coulson falls in love with a man from the wrong side of the tracks, up to his eyeballs in trouble. You'll wave your magic wand and hay-presto! A man woman can only dream of is all yours, if Phil doesn't kill him first that is."

Silver stared at Amethyst as though she had grown a second head "You need a psych evaluation right away." She stressed and was relieved when Phil called over the radio once again.

“We’ve got massive power readings fifteen miles due northwest, we’re going to go check it out, you two stay put.”

Amethyst watched the horizon with worry, interrupted by a sharp jab to the ribs. "Is there a Renaissance Fair in town?"

Following her sisters gaze with confusion, Amethyst was surprised by what she saw. "Call it in." She demanded.

“We got Xena, Jackie Chan, Robin Hood and Donkey Kong.” Silver smiled sheepishly at Amethysts piercing glare. "What?" She chuckled with a shrug.

"Their heading to Miss Fosters lab."

"Maybe they're here to visit your ass-gardian - ow!" Soothing her abused shoulder she pouted. "What was that for?"

"It's Asgard." Amethyst declared.

"Whatever." Silver raised her hands in surrender at Amethysts raised fist. "Maybe you can do your voo-doo thing, tap into Foster's mind and see what's going on."

Amethyst mulled over Silvers suggestion for a moment.

"It's not voo-doo."

"Just do it already."

Sighing in defeat she pushed her mind out to Jane before doing the same with Silver, allowing her to hear also.

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three. Surely you have heard stories of Hogun the Grim, Fandral the Dashing and Volstagg the Svelte?"

“My friends, I have never been happier to see anyone but you should not have come.”

“We’re here to take you home.” Fandral stated as if it were obvious.

“You know that I can’t, my father is dead because of me, I must remain in exile.” Sif and the Warriors Three looked at each other confused.

“Thor. Your father still lives.”

"Well dam. Who called Shakespeare and where is thy fine popcor-ow! Stop hitting me!"

The sky rumbled in the distance. "What on Earth was that?" Amethyst mumbled mouth agape.

"Don't you mean Midgard?" Sarcasm lacing Silvers words.

The storm brewing in the distance exploded, a funnel shooting down to Earth ending the sisters impending argument.

The girls threw themselves at their forgotten radio,  the device crackled to life once again, Phil's commands filling their ears before they could utter a single word. "Silver, Amethyst clear the town and be careful."

The sisters shared a knowing glance and hurried down the buildings fire escape, comforted by Phil's distance from the oncoming danger and by the fact they had an ace up their sleeves.

"Thor!" He steadied the charging woman as she stumbled.

"Are you harmed?" The God demanded, a sharp edge to his tone.

"What? No, I'm fine." She blushed under his concerned gaze. The asphalt trembled beneath their feet, a reminder of what was coming. "I need your help to evacuate the town."

Thor nodded taking charge, turning to Jane, keeping a protective grasp on Amethyst delicate hand causing a few eyebrows to raise. "Get yourself and your friends to safety. I must stay and fight."

Noticing the glances he was receiving from his friends, he continued. "I'm still a warrior and will fight by your side."

"You are but a mortal now, you will get yourself killed!" Volstagg stated incredulously, faltering slightly under Silvers burning glare.

"Or one of us trying to protect you." Fandral added.

"The best thing you can do is get the mortals to safety and leave the battle to us." Sif looked to her prince and friend awaiting his refusal.

"Your right." Sif and the Warriors Three looked on in surprise as Jane, Erik and Darcy rushed off to aid the towns people.

Thor also followed to help but turned back as Amethysts hand fell from his.

She averted her gaze to the towering figure in the distance. "We have to help them stop that thing."

"You can't, I won't let you," His large hands framed her pale face forcing purple orbs to meet his baby blue. "The Destroyer will kill you."

"It's our job. S.H.I.E.L.D deals with things like this every other day besides we have a few tricks up our sleeves." Silver cut in, she was practically bouncing on her toes, more than ready for a fight.

Thor's failure to smile at her sisters reassurance caused Amethysts simle to falter. Her hands were dwarfed by his as she placed hers over his. "Trust me."

How do you feel about Amethyst and Silvers relationship? Amethyst and Thor? The girls and Phil?

Your opinions, advice and suggestions are always welcome and taken into consideration :)

I’m sorry for any mistakes, if you see any feel free to let me know. :)

Marvelously_Loki