Chapter 21

~ Amethyst Eyes ~

~ Chapters 21 ~

~ Not Edited ~

Heavy footfalls echoed throughout the deserted dungeon as Thor approached the cell that contained his brother.

“After all this time and now you come to visit me, why?” The fallen prince hissed. “Have you come to gloat, to mock?”

“Loki, enough.” Thor called his brothers act for Thor know that despite Silver being a mortal, Loki cares for her deeply even if he refuses to admit it. “No more illusions.” As Thor predicted, the illusion of a calm and collected Loki fades to reveal the truth, a broken man.

“Now you see me brother.” Thor circled the cell to get closer to his brother. “Will she suffer?” Loki’s voice was thick with pain and despair.

“I did not come here to share your grief for a woman you blatantly deny your affections for.” Thor eyed the dungeon cautiously.

“Instead I offer you a much richer sacrament.”

“Go on.”

“I know you seek a chance to have Lady Silver returned to you. If you help me escape Asgard I will grant it to you, a chance and afterword’s this cell.” He made his plea.

“You must be truly desperate to come to me for help.” Loki chuckled. “What makes you think you can trust me?”

“I don’t, Silver does.” Loki’s breathe caught in his throat. “But you should know that when we have fought in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still I there somewhere, that hope no longer exists to protect you, you betray me and I will kill you.”

“When do we start?” Loki accepted the offer he could not refuse.

With Loki’s armor returned and free from his cell, the two brother’s navigated their way out of the dungeon’s unnoticed. “Are you sure you wouldn’t rather just punch your way out?”

“If you keep speaking I just might.”

“Fine, as you wish, I’m not even here.” Loki changed his from to that of an Asgardian guard, followed by changing Thor to Lady Sif and himself into Captain America. “Oh this is much better! Costumes a bit much, so tight! But the confidence, I can feel the righteousness surging! Hey, want to have a rousing discussion about truth, honor and patriotism? God bless Ameri-!”

Loki’s fun was cut short as Thor pushed him up against a column with his hand covering his mouth. The two fell silence as they waited out the passing guards. “You could at least furnish me with a weapon, my dagger or something?” Studying his brother for a moment, Thor reached into his pocket. “At last, some common sense!”

Loki’s face fell as cuffs clicked into place, bounding his wrists as Thor smirked. “What? I thought you liked tricks.”

Thor chuckled and continued through the palace with a sulking Loki following him closely. They waited patiently as Sif retrieved Amethyst, the two woman rounded the corner to face the brothers and Amethyst’s features clouded with anger as she spotted Loki.

“You,” She hissed as her palm connected with his check. “It’s your fault they took Silver.”

Thor extended his arm in front of Amethyst as she went to lunge at Loki again. “We need his help to rescue your sister, you may kill him when we return.” Amethyst huffed her agreement as Loki scowled at Thor’s words.

Sif reassured them that she could hold off the oncoming guards as the three hurried from the hall but not before she delivered a warning to Loki. “Betray him and I will kill you.”

“It’s good to see you too Sif.” Loki chuckled before following after Amethyst and Thor.

They met Volstagg in the crumbling throne room before the dark elves flying contraption. “I will give you as much time as I can.” Volstagg reassured them.

Thor boarded the ship followed by Amethyst, Loki was forced to stop as Volstagg’s large hand thumped against his chest. “If you even think about betraying him-”

“You’ll kill me?” Loki finished for him. “Evidently there will be a line.”

Thor pressed buttons at random in hopes that one would power up the elves ship.

“Whatever you’re doing brother, I suggest you do it faster.”

“Shut up Loki.”

“You must of missed something.”

“I didn’t.” Thor’s agitation grew with each passing moment. “I’m pressing every button on this dam thing!”

“Don’t hit it just press it gently.” Loki continued to pester Thor.

“I am pressing it gently! It’s not working!” He slammed his palms down on the control panel.

The ship rumbled to life and turned, knocking down column after column. “I think you missed one.” Loki teased.

“Shut up!” Thor steered the ship through a large window inside the throne room and out of the palace.

“Look, maybe you should let me steer, I’m clearly the better pilot.”

Thor chuckled at his brother’s comment. “Is that right? Which one out of the two of us can actually fly?”

“I have a pilot license if that helps?” Amethyst mumbled as her head began to pound.

“There you go, let the mortal fly the alien ship.” Loki drawled sarcastically. “Or not, do you think she’s dead?”

“Amethyst?” Thor shouted with worry as she collapsed. Amethyst waved her hand and reassured Thor that she was okay.

The ship side swiped a tower as guards closed in on them. “Now they’re following us.” The ship began to shake as they were fired upon. “Now they’re firing at us.”

“Yes, thank you for the commentary Loki, it’s not at all distracting!”

Amethyst listened to their arguing with furrowed brows, “Is that what Silver and I are like?”  She thought with a frown.

“Well done.” Loki commented as the ships wing like structure clipped a statue. “You just decapitated your grandfather.” Thor pressed a button on the control panel to open the ships door as Loki continued. “You know, this is wonderful, this is a tremendous idea. Let’s steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that, flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so everyone can see us.  It’s brilliant Thor, truly brilliant!”

Loki yelled with surprise as Thor shoved him out of the plane and down to an awaiting Fandral before following with Amethyst in his arms. “I see your time in the dungeons has made you no less graceful Loki.” Fandral chuckled.

“You lied to me?” Loki questioned in realization. “I’m impressed.”

“I’m glad you’re pleased, now do as you promised.” Thor set Amethyst down gently. “Take us to your secret pathway.”

Loki took control of the Asgardian ship with a wicked grin. He swerved from side to side to avoid the incoming fire and raised the ship high into the air as Thor called to Fandral.

"For Asgard.” Fandral grasped a rope that was tied to the ships side before leaping off and taking control of the pursuing ship.

Thor turned to Loki with a frown as he steered the ship towards a cliff. “If it were easy everyone  would do it.” His eyes narrowed in concentration as he eyed a gap in the wall of rock.

“Are you mad?!” Thor questioned as they drew nearer.

“Possibly.” He grinned; Thor crouched down beside Amethyst as the ship flew into the hole in the cliff, the ships sides scrapped along the edges of the tunnel, a flash of light blinding them momentarily before they crashed down onto Svartslfheim, the ship skipped across the dirt and skidded to a halt. “Tada!”