Chapter 18

~ Amethyst Eyes ~

~ Chapters 18 ~

Picture - Silvers tattoo, one snake silver the other gold.

~ Not Edited ~

Silver sat rigged beside Amethyst, her arms crossed like a sulking child with her back to her sister.

“This is stupid you know.” Amethyst breathed a heavy sigh. “We’re sisters.”

“Are we?” Silver glared over her shoulder.

“What?” Amethyst questioned, chancing a glance at Silver.

“Are we really sisters? I mean come on! We weren’t born together; we don’t share the same parents. I’m just a lab experiment.” She shrugged, disguising her hurt with indifference.

“How can you even say that?!” The jet jerked to the left as Amethyst turned her head so fast she almost got whiplash. “We were raised together! We did everything together! This doesn’t change anything!”

“If we were so close, then why didn’t you tell me the truth sooner?” Silver challenged. “Instead I had to find out from Stark!”

Amethyst tensed unnerved by the sudden plummet in temperature. The air grew thick with the prolonged silence as Amethyst refused to meet Silver gaze. “We’re here.”

Silver scowled as she released her seat belt. “That’s what I thought.”

“Are you sure this is the place?” Amethyst mumbled to herself as she double checked their location and cloaked the Quin-jet.

“Well, we’re not the only ones here.” Silver approached the building, running a slender finger across the rusty red wagon and entering the abandoned warehouse. The sound of heavy footfalls and whispers of children echoed off the bare walls.

“Are you the police?” Three children questioned Jane, Darcy and Ian as they peeked out from behind a dumpster.

“No.” Silver lied smoothly, adjusting her coat to cover the gun on her hip as they approached behind Jane.

The young girl shifted nervously, refusing to meet the gaze of the new arrivals. “We only found it.”

“Can you show us?” Amethyst asked gentle.

The children exchanged a glance before leading the two agents and three scientists further into the building were a lonely truck sat idle. One of the young boys approached the truck and with little effort, lifted the truck from the ground before stepping away as the truck continued to levitate in midair.

“There’s more.”

The two agents followed the three kids up a flight of stairs and stopped midway up. One of the boys dropped a bottle, the bottle approach the ground rapidly before vanishing before it could reach the bottom. “Where did it go?”

The young girl pointed up in answer to Jane’s question, as they looked up the bottle appeared above them out of thin air before falling into the boys outstretched arms.

“That is incredible.” They all stared in wonder. Amethyst grabbed a discarded can and dropped it over the ledge, anticipating the cans return that never came. “What happened?”

“Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don’t.”

Silver grabbed Jane’s scanner whilst no one was looking and pulled Amethyst away from the group.