Chapter 20

~ Amethyst Eyes ~

~ Chapters 20 ~

~ Not Edited ~

“She went this way!” Silver swore as the shouts of marching guards echoed through the hall outside the door to Odin’s study. She had managed to locate the study by following one of the guards and had hoped that she would be able to find something on Thanos and The Other.

“Time to go.” She whispered and gathered all the books that she had found regarding the two aliens. Opening the door an inch, she peeked through the crack before making a run for it as the guards rounded the corner.

“There she is!” Silver pushed her legs to move faster as the guards advanced on her surprisingly fast. Sliding around a corner, Silver hesitated as she was met by a hall of doors before choosing a door at random and entering unnoticed.

She locked the door and pressed her back to it with batted breath as the guards marched down the hall. She sighed with relief and backed away slowly as the guards continued past the door.

Her eyes widening as she observed the room she had entered and a sense of familiarity washes over her. The golden ceiling stretched high above her and the marble floor clicked beneath her boots, a grand golden bed covered with emerald sheets and dark furs was placed upon a podium, dominating the center of the room.

“Loki.”

Silver threw the books from Odin’s study down on the bed and removed her jacket before ratting through Loki’s desk in search of something to write on and with.

Night began to fall but Silver showed no sign of leaving as papers filled with information about Thanos and The Other were scattered across the lush furs surrounding her, her hand aching with the effort but she refused to stop.

Silver blinked as light streamed through the open curtains, a groan passing her lips as she remembered where she was. She straightened her clothes as best she could, praying that no one would see her before she had the chance to change.

“Hello.” A soft voice startled Silver as she exited Loki’s old chambers.

“Oh, hi.” She looked around casually as though she hadn’t just spent the night in the chambers of Asgard’s disgraced prince.

“I am Frigga and you must be Silver.” Frigga smiled kindly.

“Frigga?” Images flashed through Silvers mind, heat rising to her cheeks. “You’re Thor and Loki’s mother?”

“Yes,” A sigh passed her lips; it was almost as though she was relieved that someone still saw her as Loki’s mother. “I have heard wonderful things about you.” 

“Oh? Thor seems to have told everyone about my sister and I.” She didn’t know if it was Loki’s memories or her own impression but she instantly liked Frigga.

“Yes.” Frigga’s smile faltered but she offered her arm to Silver. “Would you care to join me for walk?”

Silver accepted her offered arm and they ventured through the halls, filling the palace with laughter. “My, I haven’t laughed this much since..”

“Since Loki?” Silver offered gently.

“He is so perceptive of everyone but himself.” A teary smile pulled at Frigga’s lips. “I apologize; you must detest my son for his actions.”

“No, I don’t.”  Silver was at war with herself, "Sould I tell Frigga what I know about Loki and New York?"

“You know something don’t you?” Frigga peered at Silver curiously as they stopped walking.