Afghanistan

Y/N joined the British army at the age of 18, he was deployed in Afghanistan. He started out talkative and social, but as time went on he became less social...

Patrolling through Taliban territory

Y/N: "Hey sarge! We are 2 miles out from the village, I suggest we take a break to eat and drink, we have been walking for hours in this god forsaken heat!"

Sergeant Rose: "Private are going to keep going until we get to the village is that clea- Arghhh!!!!!"

Y/N: "SHIT!!"

Before the Sergeant could finish her sentence a sniper shell ripped through her abdomen.

The medic rushed to the Sergeant to provide aid, he looked up and spotted the glint of a snipers scope.

He tried to call out the sniper to the rest of the squad "Enemy snip-" before he could finish a sniper round went through the side of his head killing him instantly.

Sergeant rose was clutching her wound with both of her hands after she pushed the dead medic off her torso.

Y/N rushed to her aid while the last member of the squad was killed by the sniper. Y/N grabbed medical supplies from the medics corpse, he quickly applied bandages to the Sergeants wound. After providing satisfactory aid he dragged her to safety then looked for the sniper.

Y/N spotted the telltale glint of the scope, he set his l85a2 to semi-automatic, aimed with his acog, exhaled and took the shot, he saw a figure fall out of the snipers nest.

Reacting quickly he radioed for a medevac, due to his actions he was able to save the sergeants life and take out an enemy sniper, but sadly he lost two of his best friends. This taught him a lesson he would never forget...in conflict, no matter who you are or where, you will always be in danger and might die and that you were never safe. This was the first time he had killed and the first time he saw death, it made him come to the realisation that the grim reaper was waiting for everyone.

Y/N was sitting on his bunk for what seemed like hours with his head in his hands.

Sergeant Rose walked in and tapped him on the shoulder and asked: "Y/N, how you holding up?"

Y/N was startled but responded: "Fine, you?"

_______________________________

A/N here, im cutting this chapter here, I need to think of what will happen next, also I need ideas for the sergeants first name, I cant just keep calling her Sergeant Rose, also she will be an important character.

So if you have any good ideas for her name then just comment

anyway author out

*Yet again jumps out of a plane and lands on his sofa*

Pilot: "why does he keep jumping out of planes...meh the pay is good"