Royal Marines

After a while in Afghanistan Y/N was promoted to Sergeant.

Y/N and Sgt. Rose became good friends even though Y/N became less and less talkative and social over the years.

They both joined the Royal Marines together.

Y/N and Sgt. Rose were the only ones out of their group that made it into the marines.

Location: Royal Marines base somewhere in Wales

Y/N PoV

I sat on a table by myself eating my food, Anna (sgt rose) was talking to some other marines before coming over to my table to talk.

Anna: "Hi Y/N"

Y/N just nodded

Anna: "Why don't you talk much anymore, you used to never shut up back in Afghanistan."

Y/N sighed and said: "I just don't want to make many friends or relationships here, it just would make it harder especially if someone died or if I died, if I got too close to anyone and I dies they would be sad and possibly die due to their minds being clouded by grief, and vice versa..."

Anna: "Well we are good friends and you seem to be fine with that, so why are you friends with me but no one else?"

Y/N just stood up and walked away.

Anna PoV

He just walked away like usual, usually id follow him and try to get him to talk but I just went over to talk to my other friends.

Timeskip 4 months

Y/N PoV

We were being deployed into Afghanistan to help out the USMC with taking an enemy stronghold. Most of the marines including Anna didn't think it would be a hard task, but I knew not everyone would make it.

Timeskip to 5 hours later

Private Jenkins: "Shit, we are pinned down my machine gun fire and they are beginning to shell us with mortars we need an airstrike ASAP!!!"

Just as the marine finished her sentence she was obliterated by a mortar shell.

Everyone within 10 feet of the explosion was knocked onto the ground.

Y/N and Anna aswell as a few other Royal Marines had snuck into the stronghold and started to take out the enemy from the inside.

Within 3 hours the fighting was over and the stronghold was cleared, the operation was classified and only the soldiers and commanders knew about it.

Y/N and Anna were sitting outside eating their rations and setting up their tents, the other marines were doing the same as they would have to wait until tomorrow for extraction.

During the night Y/N was having a nightmare about all the things he has seen and done but was woken up by Anna shaking him.

Anna: "Fucking hell Y/N you keep having nightmares"

Y/N was shook breathing heavily and sweating.

He muttered: "Fucking PTSD"
He said it quietly enough so Anna couldn't hear it.

___________________________

Yo ive finally got a name for Sgt Rose, anna

so yea the royal marines part will last maybe a few chapters before I move onto the sas and eventually team rainbow.