Rainbow at last

Y/N PoV

I was at the range, I was getting headshots until I got to the targets a few hundred meters away. I was practicing with my l85 and p226, I was very accurate up to 400 meters.

I was there for about an hour then I heard Anna behind me.

Anna: "Hey, hows your accuracy these days?"

Y/N gestured to the targets.

Anna: "You've still got it I see."

Y/N: "Yea, what about you."

He handed her his rifle.

Anna was getting a few headshots but mostly the bullets were hitting center of mass. At long range she wasn't very accurate but it was a different story at close range.

Anna: "Not as good as you, but still accurate." She chuckled. "Anyway thought about Rainbow yet?"

Y/N: "Its only been an hour since you told me to think about it, but I have been thinking about it and I still don't want to join."

Timeskip, the day after the Rainbow anniversary

It was late day and Y/N was having lunch with Anna, they were just talking about their mission and how it was a success.

Y/N then spotted Six walking over to his table with an SAS operator.

Y/N whispered: "You have to be shitting me."

Anna: "Is that Six?"

Y/N: "Yup"

Y/N then looked at Six and said sarcastically: "To what do I owe the pleasure"

Six: "Earlier today one of my operators put in a good word for you, he said you were a solid choice. Maybe the fact that one of your own says that you would make a great addition to our team might change your mind"

Y/N: "Just le-"

Anna cut him off: "Go on Y/N, this is an amazing opportunity, I suggest you take it" she squeezed his arm after finishing her sentence.

Y/N sighed: "Fine, lets go"

Six: "Good, if you want to say your goodbyes then this is your chance"

Y/N didn't say goodbye to anyone but Anna.

Six, Y/N and the other operator walked towards a helicopter.

All 3 got into the helicopter.

As it took ascended the operator introduced himself: "Names Thatcher"

Y/N: "Nimrod"

Thatcher: "Like the operation, I took part in that" he said with a slight chuckle. "Anyway, seems like you have pulled a nice girl here" he yet again chuckled.

Y/N looked at him in surprise: "What? We aren't together"

Thatcher: "Well it seems she is very fond of you" he chuckled.

Y/N laughed and said: "Fuck off"

They both laughed.

Timeskip 3 hours

Y/N heard the pilot say: "We're here"

Y/N looked out the window and saw the base, it was almost twice the size of his old base.

Mute PoV

I was still recovering from that yoga session with Ela, god my hamstrings are burning.

I saw a helicopter land, Six and Thatcher walker out, and I saw someone else, wearing a gas mask and SAS gear hauling a duffel bag

I thought to myself: "I wonder who that is"