Episode 4: ♥ beats

Poonam was sitting beside Rohit while he was dosing in the hospital. His mouth was slightly open and she remembered their young days when she put a pinch of sugar inside it.

She unknowingly giggled with that thought that Rohit relished that sugary taste in sleep but never budged to get up. He would lick his lips 💋 and he looked super cute in that gesture. But, today he was unwell and in last 20 years of their married life, she had never seen him hospitalized. He always said :

Mein toh bala changa Munda Hu
Aur Poonam tu meri Soni kuddi hein..

Poonam blushed with that statement always and with tears filling in her eyes and making her vision blurred,
she was caressing his hair .The doctors allowed her to be on his side. They thought, she is his wife.

Rohit's mother was crying badly outside the ICU and Nikki took her home. She thought of coming back to the hospital in the evening. Though Nikki was also feeling worried about her Papa, she could not see her Dadi in depression.

Dadi, please Rona bandh Karo... She tried to cajole her Grandma...

Mera Beta... Usse kuch hogaya

Dadi again broke down.

Papa ko kuch Nahi hoga...

Aap chinta mat Karo. Papa jaldi ghar ayenge...

Nikki was trying to sound now like a Dadi with her words to console her grandmother.

Dadi wiped her tears and said :

Sayad kuch acha hoga... Mein chahti hu, Poonam aur Rohit phir se ek hojaye...

Nikki was confused now, should she call Ana?

There was a voice message...

Meine Dil ko dastak Di
Lekin Dil ka darwaza khula Nahi
Bahut rokha apne Dil ko
Lekin Tumsa koi mila Nahi...

Nikki got this voice message from Ana on Papa's mobile. She now got confused. At one end she wanted to make her Dadi's wishes come true, while on the other end, her heart signalled that Papa loved Ana. She had seen him crying silently in a corner and many times, he just needed his space.

She opened his wallet and took out the coin; it was not a coin but a piece of heart ♥ for him. Nikki did not know the story behind it but Papa always asked her to toss when her mind needed answers. She was confused whether to take admissions in JNU or Oxford for her further studies. She wanted to study in Delhi, just to stay with her family and have fun with friends.

Studying at Oxford was her dream but somewhere she will miss her Economics classes with Papa, bothered her mindset.

Two days ago, Papa had taken out that coin and kissed it. It was the same coin that Ana had given him; a coin that she gave to tease him for the blunders, he made in an attempt to recite a famous Shayari.

Nikki  was visualising a scene

Nikki was visualising a scene. That day she was worried about her future. Her Super man- Papa walked towards her to release her little worries.

Papa looked handsome in black shirt and her friends always drooled over him. Her friend Simi was confused and Rohit had given her the coin solution. Simi opted Oxford while Nikki chose Delhi.

Today, she had many questions to ask to that coin.

She blew it to the air and asked:

Whether Papa will get well or pass away?

The coin rolled and was stuck in a position. She angrily took that coin and threw it out of the window.

She was upset. Negative thoughts choked her. She suddenly realised that coin was precious to Papa and she started searching it but all her attempts were futile. To burst her stress, she went to the swimming pool of her home. The cool water soothed her mind. She was crying but the water hid her tears. She went deep down the pool and she got that coin. Her happiness knew no bounds.

She was getting some answers within her mind for the questions that were impractical to answer. Some questions of life are unanswerable between the rights and wrongs.

Nikki made up her mind and decided to call Ana...

She took her iPhone and made a video call. The phone flashed connecting Ana....

PC: Cover google

Rohit : Screen shot by me

Do you think, Nikki will play a cupid between Ana and Rohit?

Stay tuned with kkhh with ME, means Creative Marilyn Evans

Keep liking
Keep loving
Keep reading
Keep voting

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞