Episode 38: Hickey

Rohit went to sports club. He checked his phone but there was no call from Ana.  He decided that he won't call her. He called up his secretary and informed her that he will be working from home.

He headed towards his own Mehra House. It was a plush bungalow with 6 bedrooms. He checked the property rates and decided to speak to his broker for sale advise.  He always decided for himself and did not take any suggestions. His mother had already given him power of attorney and he was sure he did not need a big home here. He will buy one in Qatar. Ana had one in city of Dune. He ordered Thai food from outside and after an afternoon nap,  he started doing his office work. 

Poonam was driving towards Mehra House. She wanted to exchange her diamond set for a good deal from a known jeweller.

She was not feeling good from inside

She was not feeling good from inside. Her day did not start at a good note. She forgot to re-confirm a meeting and her boss Abhi had shouted at her  from London. She feared of losing her job. She was tensed.

Rohit was sitting with his laptop. It was around 5 in the evening.

The broker called him to inform that his Mehra house current rate will be 40 crores

The broker called him to inform that his Mehra house current rate will be 40 crores. Rohit bargained it cannot be nothing less than 50.

Then he called up Mr. Somani.

" Hi Harry. " He greeted.

"Hi Rohit. Did you dial a wrong number? " Harry questioned.

"I am sorry. " Rohit apologised.

" It is OK Rohit. I know you were drunk last night. Ana had already apologised to me for your baseless words. It happens when one is drunk.  So don't worry. " Harry sounded like a gentleman.

"Thank you Harry for understanding. I am not a drunkard or anything. At times I cross my limit. " Rohit further explained. Before he could say more Mr Somani disconnected the line.

"Poor Ana and now she is pregnant so no chance for me to flirt." Harry sighed sitting in his cabin.

Rohit started pacing in the garden to
pass the time.  He saw Poonam getting out of the car.

"Hi Poonam. " He greeted her with a smile.

She just smiled and entered inside the house.  Rohit followed her.  She was going towards their bedroom. 

Rohit sat downstairs. May be she wants to use the washroom, he thought. 

"Rohit -Rohit... " She screamed from upstairs.

"Why was she calling him to the bedroom?" His heart was pumping faster.  He zipped his T-shirt tightly.

"I am a married man and she is my ex.  I will try my best to keep a distance. " He made up his mind. He knocked on the door and she furiously asked him:

"Did you change your password?"

Rohit fumbled. He never changed his locker password and it was Ana who had changed it a few days back. They were playing guess game.  After that he forgot totally to ask her. 

He slowly said :

"I think Ana must have changed it. "

Poonam was pissed off. 

"Rohit you know very well my things are still hanging around in this home. Ana can play an owner but me and my children are here. This home belongs to them and I am sorry to say that your wife is behaving like a middle class woman if she thinks we are here to steal her belongings. "

Poonam sat on the bed and lowered the temperature of the AC.

"Poonam I will speak to Ana and get the password of the locker for you. For God sake don't misunderstand her." Rohit added calmly.

"I don't intend to hurt you Roh... I don't have right to call you by that name but I am sorry.  I wanted to exchange my diamond necklace. I am here to get that. The last date of offer is tomorrow, so please see to that I get by next afternoon. "

Pooh was about to leave the house but she stumbled upon a toy. 

"This is Nikki's car.  Remember we bought it from Mumbai and you bargained a lot. " Pooh freshened the past memories. Rohit could still feel that moment.

Rohit had taken his wife and kids to the fast forward city. He had booked a five star hotel room while Pooh insisted to stay in a normal apartment of one of their relatives.

"Poonam Mehra, you are one and only queen of great King Rohit Mehra. " He boasted of lavish lifestyle and they were doing well in life. Nikki and Bani, slept with them and the king did not get a chance to woo the queen. 

" That Mumbai trip was magical and unforgettable.  Only we could make love enough or I would have been a father of one more child. " Rohit spoke about some of the incidents and that blended nostalgia in the estranged couple.

"Let me get you some coffee. " Rohit escaped from their room.  He was getting carried away.  He made some Espresso for her and Cappuccino for him. He placed it on the tray and was shocked. Poonam stood near the kitchen door.  She gave him a flirtatious smile.  She was already looking beautiful in her red dress.

"Ana had changed you a lot. You did not even take a glass of water from the kitchen for yourself and now you have learnt to make coffee.

" I am proud that you are taking tiny steps towards being an ideal and super hero husband. I wish, I would have changed you. "  Her words were again pinching him. He felt she never left a chance of taunting him and that was something he hated from the bottom of his heart ♥

" Poonam please have the coffee. " He handed over the coffee mug. She stood in the open balcony and sipped the coffee.

Rohit was sitting alone in the living area.  He was looking at the clock.  He was tensed:

"What will happen if Ana see Poonam here? Nikki was not here to save her  beloved dad.

"Ana will think that he is again repeating history. How can he directly ask Poonam to leave?"

He walked to the balcony and a itchy insect sting over his neck.  He had scratched it badly and the mark went red like a hickey. 

"Roh, it will worsen your pain.  Let me clean it with antispectic lotion.  She applied the lotion with care and he was feeling better.

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖

PC: Shots from the web series by ME