My interview edited by Me

This interview was taken by Aditri Sinha for her group story tellers on fb, a story telling platform from where some authors expanded towards publication.  Know more about writer ME and keep reading my works so that one day I become a published author 😀

WRITER IN FOCUS

#writerinfocus

Hello Everyone

We're back with another power-packed writer for you today. She is an amazing girl, very sensitive and really down to earth human being.

You all have read her stories, liked her quotes and even loved her singing, she is a complete package and an open book for all of us, sometimes loved and sometimes not but kudos to her spirit despite all odds she has risen like the phoenix from its ashes to make a mark on the face of her destiny.

Let's welcome our lovely & bubbly girl Marilyn Evans our 'Writer in focus' today.

Here's a tete-a-tete I had with her, purely raw and original.

Q. Tell us a bit about yourself.

A. I am fierce like a fire
Cold like ice
Sweet like Sugar
Yet sizzling like spice
I like to talk to the birds, cats, and dogs. I love making new friends and love music. As a kid, I had a lot of dreams to chase. One of them was “ Mein Madhuri Dixit Banna  Chahti Hu,” wanted to be an actress, singer, lawyer, psychologist and a high school teacher. In my college days, I loved writing poems so pursued an MA in Eng literature. I worked as a teacher since I was 19 and at the age of 24, I went for Journalism not my own choice but on my Dad’s wish. I worked as a journalist for around ten years and it changed my perception towards life. I became bold enough to travel alone at midnight and now really miss that time with my company shut down. I don’t want to compromise;  waiting for best opportunity to knock on the door.

Q. Did you intend to become an author, or do you have a specific reason or reasons for writing?

A.I am a dreamer and I started writing poems though not a serious one when I was in 16 or 17. In degree College, I showed it to the HOD of the English Literature department and she called it “Childish Expressions.” The best got published in our College magazine.

I worked as a writer, co-coordinator and Editor with Architectural magazines, education segment, and beauty industry. My architectural pieces were written with creative spell rather than being specific to brick and mortar. It was appreciated in the industry.

I loved reading Love Conquers All by Kavita, my friend now on facebook and thought it was the only story going on in the group. I commented on her post. My ignorance became bliss. Last year on Sept 7, I was not in a good mood as it is a black day in my life.  I started Love Dream Friendship but it was not appreciated by the mass initially. It slowly got recognition, appreciation and admiration. It is the biggest achievement for me when JK exist as a character in many hearts and the best compliment I got was: “When we see Ronit Da, we remember you.”

I never intended to be an Author but I love writing and now I am doing more than 8 stories for different groups.

Q.What or who inspires you to write?

A. Writing is just a passion for me but appreciation and comments from readers and fellow writers in the fraternity means a lot to me or I should have just written a diary, instead of stories if I have to write for myself.

I take inspiration from nature, flora and fauna. I also take real-life situations in sequence while writing a story. I have a lot to say about it but restricting myself as I don’t want the readers to be bored. One instance was a memory I saw of a dead friend on FB. He was an office boy and as soon as he was dead, he was replaced. The owner made a pungent remark that pinched me. I am soft hearted and sensitive, emotional and aggressive at times. My story Nayantara began with this note. Graveyard Knell began on my dear sister’s death anniversary.