Episode 33: Souten -Saheli

Rohit was excited. Bani was coming home after two years. He was excited to meet his granddaughter. He woke up early and Ana was sleeping beside him peacefully. He kissed her forehead slowly and hurriedly completed all his morning chores.

He went out of his room to see his mom doing prayers.

"Maa, where is Bani?"

"Bani did not want to sleep. Staying in the USA changed her body patterns. She went out to meet her friends. " Maa replied...

"How come so early in the morning?" Rohit asked surprisingly and walked towards the coffee shop, near their farmhouse. He was sure Bani will be there. He was so happy to see her chatting with a young guy but he still could not understand that Bani had come home alone. Her husband and daughter were not with her. He waited for Bani to finish her talks but Bani and the young man walked out hand in hand. Rohit wanted to follow them but he did not. Some unwanted thoughts crossed his mind.

"Was Bani having an extramarital affair? "

He left from there with some doubts in mind. "Is Bani happy in her marriage? What if her husband leaves her like he left her mother?"

Rohit jogged home. He was surprised to see Poonam and Ana talking to each other.

"What were they discussing?"Troubled his heart

The common thing was him. He looked at Poonam. She is an emancipated woman. She looked very modern and visited parlour, once in a week. She had joined a gym. She was never a fitness freak. He noticed she had coloured her hair with Burgundy streaks.

"Was she dating someone? " He was jealous. He looked at Ana. She was bored.

He was really curious to know what they were discussing?

He went to the Kitchen to see Nikki eating bread -butter with Sheena masi.

"Jij... I am producing a new movie. "Sheena said with a mischievous smile.

Rohit could make out from her face, she was taunting him. He was not interested. He turned to move out of the kitchen. He saw Bani walked with that handsome boy into their home. He ran to the living room. Bani hugged her dad tight. Rohit kissed his baby.

"Dad he is my college friend. He is a good dancer and we have danced together in our college days. He got selection in Dance India show at the USA... I am happy I got a company to go back home. "Bani jumped with joy.

"You have just come home, my child. Why are you thinking of leaving so early?" Rohit asked emotionally.

"Dad, don't be so emotional." Nikki pulled him from behind.

"Dear dancer bro, go and practice. You need to practice very hard." Rohit sounded sarcastic while talking to Bani's friend. He felt awkward and he was expecting some tea or coffee. The guy immediately left and Bani frowned.

"Dad he was my friend and not my boyfriend. I am like you in looks but my attitude is like Mum. I will never cheat on my husband. I am not father like daughter."She gave a dirty look to Ana who was sitting on the couch.

"Bani, say sorry to dad and Ana. You can't talk like that to your elders. Ana is your dad's wife and she has to be respected as I am, by you girls. She will be soon gifting a sibling to you both. "Poonam sounded gracious at one point and disgusted on the other.

Rohit did not have words to thank Poonam. He went to his room.

"I am sorry Ana. Please forgive my daughters for being rude to you. It is just that they can't accept the fact that their dad left me for you. "She apologized and asked her daughters to go to their room.

Ana had a guilty conscience and she immediately said:

"Poonam I really admire you for the grace and if I would have been you, I am sure I would have gone to jail, killing you. I am sorry and God forgive me. I never wanted to be a Pati Chor (Husband stealer)."

Poonam hugged her tight and moved her fingers on Ana's hair. She softly said :

"I had the same hatred feeling towards you when I came to know about your affair with my husband... I mean now ex-husband. But somewhere I realized that I was so busy like a typical housewife and did not have time to satisfy him. I am not saying he fell for you because of lust. I am not judging you. Our marriage was a failure and Rohit is a dominating husband. I will advise you to open your mouth when needed. He assumes a lot of things and then life is a mess. I know him for 22 years. "

What she was saying was absolutely true!

Was Poonam bitching about her man or was she trying to say - handle Rohit with care?

Nikki walked with a cup of herbal tea for her mom and stepmom.

Ana gave her a smile and thanked her for the tea. Sheena joined in and opened her mouth.

"What is happening here - Kabhi southen, kabhi Saheli?" (At times friends and at times co-wife)

"Stop it Sheena." Poonam chided.

Ana gave Sheena angry and upset look.

"Relax Ana I am just joking." Sheena gave her a flirtatious smile.

Ana was feeling awkward and now she felt like being a part of Drama Company

Maa walked in with a tray of fresh flowers.

"I have to make garlands. Ladies help me. I have to make 57 until lunch. "Maa said politely. Nikki got the tool kit for weaving the garlands. She had two. One she gave to Sheena and other to Mum.

"Dadi, Ana and Me can segregate the flowers." Nikki opined.

"I only want a person who believes in God." Maa's words were rude and Ana understood it was for her.

"I don't go to the temple often but Aunty I am a designer and make excellent garlands. I am fast with knitting and weaving." Ana explained. She wanted to impress her mother in law. In the next ten minutes, Ana made 5 garlands, Maa made two and Poonam made 3.

"Poonam you are too slow."Maa taunted.

"That is the reason I am left behind in life," Poonam muttered.

Ana heard it but she ignored.

"Ignorance is bliss. But ignoring what you don't accept is being a witty witch. Peace of mind is a blessing, at times be a smart bitch. Itch on bruises can bleed, so heal it. You will definitely feel better with an antiseptic balm before it bleeds more. Stay happy! "This was Ana's success mantra. She made 20 and Poonam too was at par this time.

Both ladies had a competition within. They both love the same man. One is with him and one is estranged but he was their heart line. Garland was that expression of their hidden love that was pure yet possessive one.

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

All pics are my screenshots from original series -season two...

💖