Episode 34: Budding friendship

The garland making had built a new bond of liking between Ana and Maa.They felt closer. 

Ana wanted to strike a chord of friendship and she had helped Poonam in kitchen chores.

Maa had to attend a pooja in the neighbourhood. Poonam had body pain and she asked Bani, Nikki and Ana to accompany her MIL for the religious function.  Ana got ready quickly and she was wearing the sari that  Nikki gifted her. She was looking good. 

Bani looked like a newly wedded bride in all her traditional ornaments, big round bindi and dash of Sindoor (Vermilion).

Nikki was not that keen to go.  She was  more interested in parties. She was forced by mom and she couldn't deny.

" I can see goddess on Earth." Ana complemented Bani.

"Don't dare to flatter me, Ananya Sharma." Bani remarked rudely.

They all reached the venue and Ana greeted the elders with a smile. All eyes were on her Sari, tucked below the belly button.

"At least she knows to wear a sari. " A society lady commented.  

Nikki, Bani and Ana were hungry with the smell of Halwa and Puri. They quickly headed towards the food counter after lord worship. Nikki was chatting with Ananya but Bani was ignoring her. Ana somehow could not eat much and she excused herself from the girls' company. The girls enjoyed to the fullest. They loved to eat. After food, they were glaring at the decorations around.

"Hey, how is your married life? " Nikki poked Bani's arm all of a sudden.

"Just stop irritating me. " Bani pushed Nikki and began posing with her friends for a photo. 

Ana was feeling uneasy among Maa's friends . Their stares meant they were judging her for not wearing her mangalsutra, Punjabi chudda and ornaments.  The symbol that justified that she is a happily married woman, made her incomplete.

 She ignored them and got busy with Nikki discussing how marriage could change a woman's life totally?

Rohit was not a part of this function. He wanted to stay away from all religious functions and Ana was bored.   Nikki got busy with Suhani, who was one of the guests.

 Ana tried speaking to ladies around but they were trying to prove themselves extraordinary with fake English accent and the wrong usage of words exemplified how elite these ladies were?  They used the 'F',  word as if it was a mantra and something auspicious. Ana too used this word but people using on a religious function, she was not liking it. She wanted to stay away from the sophisticated crowd. She had some soup and immediately left from the venue.

She  rushed to her bedroom and texted Nikki...

" Hi- Please tell dadi that I am feeling giddy and tired so simply left from there." 

She changed into a Satin nighty and was trying to get some sleep.

Mr Somani texted her.

" Can you please come to Qatar for a week?" There is some emergency lined up with our hotel project. 

" Harry, I need to check with Rohit and decide when can I come to Qatar? Also, I will need maternity leave after the next few months. Hope you understand what I am trying to say ... Bye..." She texted him and slept.

It was 1 Am and she heard a big thud sound. She woke up with a jerk. Rohit was drunk and he had dropped a flower vase. She tried helping him to settle down but he gave her a puppy look. He kneeled down and rested his head on her lap. 

" Ana promise me you will not leave me alone. No matter I am attached to my daughters. You too are precious to me  but I am still insecure." He was breathing heavily while speaking.

"Hey Rohit, why are you so upset baby?" Ana raffled his hair.

"My loan for my Dubai office is refused to be passed by the bank authority. I have taken money for the registration of that deal from a money lender. He will seize my favourite car if I won't repay on time.  I am struggling with my finances though I am planning to sell the farmhouse. I am not getting a good deal. Why can't you understand my problem?" He shouted like a mad man. He was very attached to his cars. He had at least 10 of them, in different models yet he wanted all. 

Ana made him stand up and took him to the restroom. She took a romantic shower with him to make him feel good and relaxed. The hangover released and he was feeling better. Ana helped him to button his T-shirt and he jumped on the bed. He was asleep.

Ana was worried. She decided to ask for some payment release from Suhani for the work she had offered for the studio apartment. She wanted to help Rohit in establishing his office in Dubai. She knew it will be difficult for him to start from scratch but she wanted Rohit with him at any cost. She was feeling selfish when her career was concerned. A new office means new employees and getting new clients won't be easy for him. He was doing well in India and was an known CA but establishing himself at Dubai was a task.  She was lost in her pool of thoughts.

She was gaining all fame and popularity because of Harry. She decided to sell her flat and office in India. She was not ready to compromise. 

She had tears in her eyes. She was wondering was she happy with her present state? Was Rohit happy with her? Was their marriage right or it was just a spontaneous action? She consoled herself that all will be well and be like what she desired? She was trying to get some sleep but her stomach was hurting. She walked towards the kitchen to eat something. She opened the fridge and ate some kheer ( Pudding). 

Poonam walked into the kitchen at the very moment and saw Ana eating kheer  using her hands in a dim corner. She switched on the lights and cleared her throat. Ana was embarrassed yet smiled. Poonam made her comfortable by tellings food cravings are normal in pregnancy. 

Ana was feeling guilty from inside but she admired Poonam. Poonam behaved as if they were friends. She wondered why Poonam was so good to her? She wanted Poonam to settle down and while they were conversing, Poonam revealed that she was taking a high profile job. She did not want Rohit to know about it. He never allowed her to be independent and indirectly she mentioned that Ana was lucky to live her life as per her tunes. Rohit was not dominating her and she had the knack to handle him perfectly. Ana felt that Poonam was calling her to  shrewd but she knew she was not. She just wanted to stay committed to Rohit and flourish in her career. A baby was not in her bucket list but it is meant to happen,eventually. 

" Do what your heart says?" She patted Poonam's shoulder and smiled. Both ladies walked to their respective rooms. The very moment they hit their bed, they forgot about each other.

PC: Cover pic edit by Nisha... Cropped it. 

Ana from google and Bani from Instagram.

Keep reading

Keep loving

Keep voting

💟💟💟💟