Episode 54: Bride without Pride

Hot coffee and bun for sale...  Rohit knocked on Ana 's door.  Ana opened the door and she was surprised to see Rohit at her home.  She was scared whether Roh had heard her and friends bitching about Pooh... 

"Roh, tum gaye nahi... (You did not leave...) It is our wedding day man."
She asked him and hugged him tight. He kissed her spontaneously...Both looked like a bride and groom, young at heart to start a new life.

"Hi jij," Cherry greeted...

Roh looked at her in anger. He knew they were making fun of Poonam and calling him an old man.  He was always proud of his charm.

"Well Ana, I will send the car at 5 pm. Please start on time. JK is arranging for our court marriage and you know that he is very punctual.

"He is getting his wife and daughter.  The marriage will be registered at our home and we can then dance and party... But remember that party should end by midnight...  It is our first night again legally" Roh winked.

He was instructing Ana like a professor and she was little bored. Roh could make out,she was irritated, he did not create any chance to pick up a fight with her. He just wanted the legal wedding ceremony to end...

He quickly  waved bye and his driver had come to pick him up. Ana stood on the window and watched him till the car exited from her apartment gate.

She smiled looking at the show case mirror. He had asked her to wear lavender salwar suit for the registration. She nodded yes but she was planning to surprise him.

It was around 3.30 in the afternoon
and Ana was still sleepy.  She could just relax for an hour or so and it was getting late. Suhani and JK 's daughter  Roshini arrived to deck up Ana.

Ana decided to wear her laced transparent  sari in dark shade and golden finish for registration ceremony. It was her legal wedding but she did not aim to spend much on her looks and attire.

Suhani was going to do her make up.  Last evening party 🎊 she spent on beautician but on her special day, she wanted to look simple. There was no jewellery and heavy ornaments. Suhani and her partner Roshni were surprised.

JK 's daughter Roshni was in fact confused now. She was wondering how a woman can be so sober on her wedding day? Ana was not poor. She was a well to do interior designer.  Roshni was under the impression that Suhani had asked her help for the bridal makeup.

" You are a Punjabi and you are just going to drape your Sari, wear these  long South Indian jhumkas ...Apply some make up... I mean...I am just curious. It is not a party but your wedding." Roshini expressed her feelings straight.

"Roshini... I know what is in your mind? Well, I have attended your wedding and you looked like a doll. I don't like heavy jewellery and that bright bridal dress. Also this ceremony is to tell aloud that I am wife of Rohit Mehra. " Ana replied yet somewhere in her heart, she too dreamt of being a real dulhan (bride)

 " Ana replied yet somewhere in her heart, she too dreamt of being a real dulhan (bride)

It was Rohit who had asked her to keep it simple.

Cherry and Vandy were ready as bride's maid and excited.

Suhani helped Ana to wear her Sari below her belly button. Roshini helped her in simple make up.
Ana was very nervous now and she waited for the driver. It was almost 5.30. Rohit had actually forgotten to instruct his driver to pick up Ana. He was bit nervous in his sherwani look.  He was very young when he married Poonam. He looked very handsome those days. 

"You are very handsome like me. " JK had exclaimed in delight.

"Are you nervous...? " He further asked. 👇

To know about JK read my story Love dream friendship and Justice King

"I don't know yaar... I am not feeling good from inside. I mean our temple marriage was spontaneous reaction of Ana's jealously towards Poonam and my insecurities. Today is just a registration but a big day for us.  All our relatives are here, my children are here and I am not understanding why this feeling is troubling me from inside? " Roh was expressing his emotions.

JK, his friend could read his mind.  JK too had got married twice but his case was different. He did it in his bride's place with just his brother and froster children. Yet he was nervous.  He also had married a girl much younger than him. Rohana were more mature in their relationship.

"Hey Roh... I know what you are feeling from inside. " JK patted his friend's back... Roh wished if he could get a drink and suddenly realised his fault. He immediately sent the driver to Ana's love nest.  He instructed driver to give her some excuse,  just to avoid some arguments.

Nikki was eagerly waiting for Ana. Bani and Aryan were having a pleasant time in their living room. The bright evening was waiting for Rohana.

*****

For Poonam it was a normal day. She totally forgot it was her husband's wedding and that in drunk state, she had said yes to Abhi.  Abhi was having his coffee and he could not take out his eyes from Pooh.  Pooh was typing fast and her pointed  index finger nail broke.  She sucked her blood and concentrated on her work.  With work she could not think of any unwanted subjects.

There is no past...
Nothing will last...
Because life is very fast ...
Let's enjoy and have blast...

💖

Just wrote a small chapter for my Rohana lovers.  My mind is stuck with my mom unwell.

Thank you for loving Rohana 💟

Pic courtesy : Collage made by me using pics from google for Roshini,  a character from my story, love dream friendship and Ana. JK is my another Ronit character and hope you loved his picture.  Cover is a shot from season two 😊😊😊