Episode 40: Unexpected Expected

Rohit got up with a jerk...

The insect bite was giving him a burning sensation. He applied itch guard powder and slept again.

He saw a dream...

Poonam was getting married to an old man. She was cursing Rohit for dumping her and playing with her life. She was all alone in her life
and in his dream Nikki was married and gone.

Maa had taken a seat at heavenly abode. She is a fairy twinkling in the sky.

Rohit was happy with his twins Raunak and Roshan. Only Pooh was suffering. She had no other choice but to marry 60 year old Mr Singh for companionship.

Rohit was sweating in his sleep. He was feeling chocked. He wanted to say something, he was blabbering, he couldn't breath easily... He tried to open his eyes but it was not happening.

"Roh - Roh..." Ana was shaking his body. His eyes were wide open and yet all was blank in front of him. He did not say a word. He gulped down some ice cold water.

Ana was talking to him, he was in a different World, lost in guilt. 

A severe headache troubled him. He was not listening to her. His neurons were now emitting unwanted chemicals. He had not taken his medicines properly, since a long time. He was simply happy that Ana will never leave him, made him forgetful.
He was happy that his life was good but he was worried for Pooh.

He was planning to meet her and talk to her. He slept for a while again and Ana was snoring. Rohit was irritated and disturbed and he went to their living room to sleep. He woke up with a call.

"Poonam calling... "

"Good morning Poonam. " He wished her.

"Rohit you can't do this to me. I am not your wife now but I am still mother of your daughters.

"How can to think of selling off the farmhouse and our own home? " She was shouting at him and luckily her battery drained and the line got disconnected. He tried to call her up but in vain. He was tensed if Pooh would tell Maa something and mom would misunderstand him. He called up his Maa. She sounded happy. She was calling him home. He said yes to her and his secretary called him to report that the afternoon meeting has been scheduled to morning slot.

Rohit was not feeling good yet he was ready for office. Ana was sleeping. He did not wear his shoes and he did not want the tap of his shoes disturb her. He was walking with his slippers covering his feet. Shoes and shocks in hand. The laptop bag was clinging to his shoulders. He did not realise that Ana had woken up and have already made his coffee. She was perplexed to see Rohit in a new fashion. She laughed hard and said:

"All well with you Mr. Mehra. Are you going for a fancy dress competition? You are looking sweet in crisp ironed Pink shirt and Cream colour suit but this slippers are funky. " He was hiding his shoes and she pulled his chubby - dimple -cheeks.

"Baby you have fever. " Ana was worried. Rohit had temperature.

"You are not going anywhere. Let us go to see Dr Mukul right now. " Ana was crying 😢

Rohit hugged her and softly kissed her hair.

"I am OK sweetheart. I will meet the doctor on my way to office and I am not driving the car. Have called Maa's driver to my service. You take rest. I have urgent meeting and I will come home by afternoon. " He promised.

"Take care Roh. Call me after seeing the doctor.  I will send you home cooked meal to office. I know your afternoon will be evening." Ana rubbed his back.  Rohit wore his shoes and walked towards the main door.

He was dosing in the car.  The car was directly stopped at his office. His head was getting heavy and he had Crocin.  His new secretary Michelle could  make out that Sir was not well. But her mother had scheduled  the meeting so she could not cancel it.  She called Dr Mukul to office.  The client walked in with his secretary.  He was wearing a casual T-shirt. Michelle could not take her eyes from him. He was tall and handsome , fair like cotton and his hair were black, curly, soft like wool. Michelle loved to work with men who are charming? And her new boss was indeed good looking.  Michelle asked for the card of the guest.  She ordered coffee for the guests till Dr Mukul checked over Mr Mehra.

Dr knew Rohit was stressed and had undergone a heart attack few months back. He was explaining Rohit to take care of his health. He gave him an injection and asked him to go home in next two hours. If he fails to rest, his condition would be worst by night was a warning.

Rohit was feeling cold and he was shivering but he couldn't keep the AC off for the client. Dr had advised him not to eat or drink, except water for an hour. He was tempted by the aroma of coffee, coming out of his office pantry. He was tempted to have one.

Michelle sent the hunk client in.

Rohit looked at the client. He is a young boy. 

"Hi, I am Abhimanyu Talreja, Owner of Pearls Shipment. " Abhi introduced himself to Rohit.

Rohit and Abhi had a corporate handshake.

"Please take your seat Abhimanyu. I was expecting a bit elder guy. " Rohit expressed his straight -forward feeling.

"Well, I was expecting an Uncle,  Mr Mehra. " Abhi laughed embarrassing Rohit.

Roh called his hot secretary Michelle to join the meeting. He called her closer and whispered something into her ears.  She pulled a chair closer to him.  Abhi was looking at Rohit and Michelle's body language.

"Mr Mehra,  my secretary has gone to the washroom and let us start the meeting, once she joins me.  She recommended your firm for looking into our financial matters. " Abhi explained.

The office boy entered the cabin with three cups of coffee and 4 glasses of plain water.  Rohit was waiting for the secretary. She must be indeed beautiful and smart,  he was thinking.

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖

Collage Edit by ME, pics taken from fan page. Hope you enjoyed.